Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn it!

Default Darn it!

I removed the POSIII from it's hibernation mode this morning so I can get it inspected today. Pull up to my favorite inspection place grab my insurance card out of the glove box and it expired on the 22nd. Why in the world would State Farm have it where it expires the 22nd. Grumble Grumble Grumble.

Well she gets to go back home and we will try again another day with a valid Insurance card, which I'm sure is sitting at home mocking me!

Hah, same thing happened to me during my inspection fiasco...
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Didn't State Farm automatically send you new ones in the mail when they renewed your policy? I usually get mine from SF a month in advance. No sympathy here.

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Didn't State Farm automatically send you new ones in the mail when they renewed your policy? I usually get mine from SF a month in advance. No sympathy here.

I'm sure they did, but since the car is stored in the garage in a hermetically sealed bubble I failed put the new card in it.......

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    I'm sure they did, but since the car is stored in the garage in a hermetically sealed bubble I failed put the new card in it.......
    So you F'd up and are now trying to place blame on State Farm. I feel your pain.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    So you F'd up and are now trying to place blame on State Farm. I feel your pain.
    Yes that's exactly what I'm doing!

I'm just baffled by the 22nd, I would have figured end of the month, heck I pay my premiums by the 5th of each month....

But we will try again on Thursday! Back in the bubble for now!

Yes that's exactly what I'm doing!

I'm just baffled by the 22nd, I would have figured end of the month, heck I pay my premiums by the 5th of each month....

But we will try again on Thursday! Back in the bubble for now!
    I am actually in the same boat each year. My inspection must be done in September, and my insurance runs out Sept. 10th. I once went in on the 1st of the month with the old card in hand. I had already received the new card, but I thought I would need to show that I currently had insurance, not that I had a policy that would kick in in a few weeks. The guy made me go home and get the new car, saying that I needed to show I had at least 30 days worth of insurance.

As for the date, your policy starts on the day you ask them to start it on, and then expires on the anniversary of that date. When I moved to Texas, I started up my Texas insurance policy the day the cars came off the car carrier- September 10th.

mine runs sep/march 15th through 14th...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

4 Cars and 3 different expiration dates all held by State Farm, & I only write one check for the group.

4 Cars and 3 different expiration dates all held by State Farm, & I only write one check for the group.
    Did you buy them all on the same day?

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Majik View Post
    Did you buy them all on the same day?
    Yes I did!

My expire on the 17th of the month. But I have to do it March and September. All three cars are the same. USAA
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Let me get this straight - you have one policy with one insurer that covers all four cars, yet the coverage expires on different days for different cars?

I've had as many as four cars on a policy at once, and I've never had different expiration dates for different cars. That just seems weird to me.

By the way, you can avoid the hassle in your original post by carrying one card in your wallet that lists all of your vehicles. That's what I do.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm just baffled by the 22nd, I would have figured end of the month, heck I pay my premiums by the 5th of each month.
    Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    I've had as many as four cars on a policy at once, and I've never had different expiration dates for different cars. That just seems weird to me.
    Maybe because he's paying month-to-month is why they are expiring at different intervals? I have 1 card for all 3 cars and all 3 have the same expiration, but I pay in 1 yearly lump.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Maybe because he's paying month-to-month is why they are expiring at different intervals?
    I pay monthly and all mine expire on the same date on the same card. I also use State Farm. I think POS Racing is full of beans.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    I think POS Racing is full of beans.
    That's a loaded comment...

Several options -
    1. Full of Bean's what?
    2. I should hope not!
    3. Full?! POS is never full of me.
    4. Perhaps POS should cut back on the fiber... or perhaps add more!

Talking

Let me get this straight - you have one policy with one insurer that covers all four cars, yet the coverage expires on different days for different cars?
    You are correct Sir!
    By the way, you can avoid the hassle in your original post by carrying one card in your wallet that lists all of your vehicles. That's what I do.
    Nope I can't.....
    • The 4Runner and Yeller Miata are on one card
    • The POSIII is on it's own card
    • The 'lac also has it's own card

Called my agent yesterday, he was also confused on why we have 3 different cards and expiration dates for one policy. Thought the 'lac was due to the collector insurance I carry on it, but he couldn't 'splain the reason for the other 2.

I never pay for the year had a bad experience in my youth where I sold a car mid run and the insurance provider took months to redistribute the money, they just held the $$$. I trust insurance guys less than Atlas Copco Engineers.

I trust insurance guys less than Atlas Copco Engineers.
    Hmm... we're a lot more trustworthy than machine tool salesmen, that's for sure.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast