Thread: Anyone here put their own SC/IC in?

Default Anyone here put their own SC/IC in?

If you have I have some questions, and may need some help returning my car to stock.
    Thanks
    99 Miata Black

I did, but mine is a 1.6 so things are a little different.

I fabbed all my own piping for my turbo setup in my civic with U bends but no experience on a Miata.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Oh no. Here we go again.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

I'll come down and take it all off if I can keep it
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

yeah here we go again

I apparently am not a priority and need my car, so I am looking for help to get the car back stock.

So if anyone has any "helpful" information about injectors or the power/timing card removal, or routing the hoses I would appreciate it.

I dont mean to be short, I'm just starting to get really pissed off.
    99 Miata Black

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Billy ripping out that stuff by yourself may not be wise. If it's removed correctly (and completely) you can probably re-sell it. If it looks like someone took it out with a rusty hammer and the car is still fubar'd what did you save? Good luck.

I'd help you out if I knew how. If you want to try to get it onto a trailer I'll pull it over to Plano for you.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Billy ripping out that stuff by yourself may not be wise. If it's removed correctly (and completely) you can probably re-sell it. If it looks like someone took it out with a rusty hammer and the car is still fubar'd what did you save? Good luck.
    Well that's why I am asking for help, I thought someone may have put this stuff in before and could help out.....with compensation.
    I did a lot of the grunt work myself so have a good understanding of the stuff I touched, but need help with the rest.

I'm not looking to save anything honestly anymore.....just need my car to live again.
    and I think it would be easier to diagnose being stock, at least i could take it to Mazda then if I had to or John Day.
    99 Miata Black

Do you have ALL of the original parts that came off of the car? Things like the Intake and the stock injectors? Have been able to get a copy of the Power card Pro and Timing Control installation instructions? These will show what wires need to be re-connected on removal of the electronics.

that would help a lot.
    I am going to see if I can get that info on the powercard and timing card.
    I need to get the stock injectors back, i recently found I don't have those.
    I sold my MonsterFlow intake so i will need to buy another intake setup.

I am not sure what else I am missing, i have a box of bolts brackets etc.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    that would help a lot.
    I am going to see if I can get that info on the powercard and timing card.
    I need to get the stock injectors back, i recently found I don't have those.
    I sold my MonsterFlow intake so i will need to buy another intake setup.

I am not sure what else I am missing, i have a box of bolts brackets etc.
    OK... If you can't come up with the instructions, I will see what I can dig up. I will also check to see if there is anything else you may be missing. You get an intake and the injectors and PM me.

cool, thanks Titus
    99 Miata Black