Thread: Just joined...3rd post

Default Just joined...3rd post

Hey guys, I already said hello in a thread earlier, but I figured id plug in one here.

Me & my fiance just bought a '94 black/tan C package, great condition 107k miles.

Great car, I love it!

Heres some pics
    http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/703161

Look foward to hanging out in here & getting to know everyone!
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Welcome to the insanity!

Watch out for the mod bug... it bites into the wallet hard! hahahahaha

Take a look in the events & drives section - maybe you guys can make it out for a run or two.

Also, what area of the metromess are you in?

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome! I remember you. We walked the road course at TMS this past weekend with a couple other guys from 'here'. (POS & Kestrel IIRC). Get that Miata ready to AX!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Welcome! I remember you. We walked the road course at TMS this past weekend with a couple other guys from 'here'. (POS & Kestrel IIRC). Get that Miata ready to AX!
    Yea what he said!

I saw your note about your SO worrying you would break the car. The POS Racer has almost 155,000 on the original motor and transmission and I haven't broken it yet! :afro:

^Yea, I know that I wont hurt it, but try convincing a girl of that Inly concerns I have is the throw out bearing is squealing, & it might need a new timing belt, but I dont think a few runs will hurt it.

I live in Grand Prairie currently, but not for too much longer hopefully, hehe.
    '94 C-Package Black & Tan | MS3x | exhintake | USDM Tein Monoflex 10/8k | My 8 year roadster evolution

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    concerns I have is the throw out bearing is squealing
    Take a look at this it could be your squeal : http://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/s003_95.html

Welcome to the madness, Jiggerachi!

As another Honda convert (I started autocrossing about six years ago in a '98 Honda Prelude), I can promise you that Miatas are just as bulletproof as Hondas, if not more so.

They're also a hell of a lot more fun to drive.

BTW, with 107,000 miles you've barely gotten it broken in yet!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

welcome bud,I'm rpt1826 or rory ( i am all hear now )for a couple day i lost my mind there but I'm back to 100% working order as previously warned the mod bug bite HARD so be careful It won't take long. In all seriousness welcome to the insanity.

rory

hope to see you at an event!!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerachi
    concerns I have is the throw out bearing is squealing
    Take a look at this it could be your squeal : http://www.miata.net/garage/tsb/s003_95.html
    Thanks, but mine is making the noise when I push in the clutch in first or reverse. But only if I push it in all the way to the floor, sometimes I can push it in halfway & its fine. The noise stops when I let the pedal out.

I also have what sounds like a belt squeal when taking off in first, I cant figure out if its coming from the back or front though. Its not as loud as the other noise, & it only happens in first, from a start.

Heh, I just saw this post & it reminded me...

That clutch screech & belt squeel both went away after my first run out at Mineral Wells back in November. Hasnt made a peep since...guess she was just telling me she needed a track...