Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Default 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

I'd hit it.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Someone stole the 6.6 hood scoop off of it! :o

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
    Someone stole the 6.6 hood scoop off of it! :o
    Yeah, that's a tad cheesy, but maybe it'll look better in person...

...or maybe I wouldn't give a shit at 214 mph...

Here's the Autoweek writeup...
    Last edited by trickyrix; 12-20-2007 at 04:36 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Nice, but at $100k I would never get one no matter what.

That's pretty cool... but I'm not feeling the "boy racer" bits, like the see-through hood and all of the unpainted carbon fiber.

Honestly? If I had that kind of money to spend on a car, I'd rather spend $70k on a 2009 Nissan GTR, or buy a "regular" Z06.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    That's pretty cool... but I'm not feeling the "boy racer" bits, like the see-through hood and all of the unpainted carbon fiber.

Honestly? If I had that kind of money to spend on a car, I'd rather spend $70k on a 2009 Nissan GTR, or buy a "regular" Z06.
    Don't get me wrong, I love the new GTR... but I'd rather have a Z06 than a GTR. And if I had the bucks, I'm not sure I wouldn't pick the new ZR-1 over a 911 Turbo - I'm a sucker for big, bad, filthy American V8s. If you've got that kind of money anyway, you can get that goofy "blower window" fixed - and it is effing goofy, especially the more I look at it...

I mean... where's the screaming chicken and the rainbow fade graphics?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I'm another one of the I'd rather have a gtr than a z06 persons. I am also apart of the I don't like GM very much crowd also though.

That looks like a nightmare to work on.
    99 Miata Black

I told myself I would never buy a Vette... and then the C6 came out.

Only gripe I still have is the interior...

Why does a $35K Audi TT have a nicer interior than the Vette?

Why does the MK5 GTI Pkg2 at $26K have better seats and a better steering wheel?

Why wont Chevy charge an extra $4K and put a nice interior in the Vette?

Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
    Why wont Chevy charge an extra $4K and put a nice interior in the Vette?
    If you select the 4LT package on an '08 Vette you get the Custom leather wrapped interior.
    Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package – Available on Coupe, Convertible and Z06
    models, the new Custom Leather-Wrapped Interior Package offers a stylish, two-tone leather-
    appointed cabin with details that enhance the feeling of Corvette’s craftsmanship. Details
    include:
     Two-tone, leather-wrapped upper and lower instrument panel, door pads and seats
     Choice of new, exclusive colors: Linen or Sienna, with unique color breakup
     Padded door panel armrests
     “Corvette” embroidered on passenger-side dash pad
     Embroidered crossed flags logo on headrests
     Unique center trim plate with Bias pattern.

Am I the only one who is turned off by a high powered sports car with a luxury interior? :)

I much prefer a sports car to have a minimalist, low distraction, down to business interior.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post
    Am I the only one who is turned off by a high powered sports car with a luxury interior? :)

I much prefer a sports car to have a minimalist, low distraction, down to business interior.
    I would agree. If you want a GT car, then get a GT car. Otherwise, a sports car should be all about raw feel and emotion.

I'll get the GTR too! It should able to run with, if not out run, the best from America or Germany! Dollar for Dollar it may have the best performance for your $. Wish I have 80 big one burning a hole in my pocket right now!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell View Post
    I would agree. If you want a GT car, then get a GT car. Otherwise, a sports car should be all about raw feel and emotion.
    However, good seats are important, they just don't need to be upholstered in leather. In fact, for me, leather is a no-no, I prefer cloth. A good seat should hold you firmly upright in the seat and keep you there.

The NC's seats are actually pretty decent. They pretty much only allow you to sit comfortably in one position only: upright with your back flush with the seat back. I suspect though that in true hard driving the soft side bolsters may start to allow me to shift abit out of the optimum position.

Further, minimalist is no excuse for shoddy. All panels should fit together firmly and more importantly the floor mats should be firmly held in place.

I used the word firm too much, but I think that word more than any other describes a good sports car.

Quote Originally Posted by MX-5EE View Post

I never said luxury.

I dont think it should have a lux interior however better function, design and interior buil materials.

I agree it shouldnt be lux... screw IDrive, voice comands, steering wheel control buttons etc.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    If you select the 4LT package on an '08 Vette you get the Custom leather wrapped interior.
    I have seen pics of that package but never have seen it in the flesh.

Isnt it just leather wrapping on exsisting pieces?

I would prefer to see more driver centric design and a better steering wheel.

Last edited by XM_Rocks; 12-23-2007 at 03:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
    I have seen pics of that package but never have seen it in the flesh.

Isnt it just leather wrapping on existing pieces?

I would prefer to see more driver centric design and a better steering wheel.
    It's a bit more than just a leather wrap, run to your local Chevy dealer I'm sure they would be happy to show ya the package.

Talking

It's a bit more than just a leather wrap, run to your local Chevy dealer I'm sure they would be happy to show ya the package.
    Do they still let schmoes like me come and joyride or do they only entertain serious buyers?

I have a friend that works at Classic... maybe I should spin by and

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast