Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Off season mods?

Default Off season mods?

Since we cannot race I thought we could talk about it.

Mini got Konis DA and trying to decide on 17 or 16 for wheels. Been hunting down rattles with Konis. All have been loose swaybay links.

Still looking for a street/track FI Miata.

You?

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm performing a Sport-ectomy on my '99 Miata. Sport springs, STB, rear sway bar, upgrading to 15" wheels from 14".

Switching to R-comps, and plan to install new pads and rotors.

It will not make the car any faster, but I plan to replace the top. New wipers, too <--- that oughta make you all jealous!

New pads, a set of Racing Beat springs and sways, and I'm on the hunt for 17" x 9-10" wheels for some HPDE/time trial tires.

I'm going to try the RB suspension stuff during the off season and see if I like it, then decide if I want to convert the car back to B Stock next season or just whore a ride for the few SCCA/ER events I plan to do.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    I'm performing a Sport-ectomy on my '99 Miata. Sport springs, STB, rear sway bar, upgrading to 15" wheels from 14".
    Same here, plus koni's and a muffler. I'm only missing the STB. I'd like to get a roll bar as well, but the $$ is starting to run thin. I also have some new (to me, thanks NealB) Azenis 615's. I think my race wheels are going to be painted black.
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Talking

I washed the car and then put the cover back on it!

Actually the shocks are fixing to be sent off for a rebuild.

Springs for the new MX-5 (just for street/looks).

Custom Magnaflow exhaust for the B-stock RX-8. Any of you suspension gurus have any opinions about degassed shocks???

BTW, Iain, what was Garcia's idea for lowering the 8 without degassing shocks?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Hopefully getting around to replacing my carpet and gauge hood, repairing my rear finish panel, and maybe getting all of my speakers working (finally).
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Springs for the new MX-5 (just for street/looks).

Custom Magnaflow exhaust for the B-stock RX-8. Any of you suspension gurus have any opinions about degassed shocks???

BTW, Iain, what was Garcia's idea for lowering the 8 without degassing shocks?
    I could tell ya, but it'll cost ya.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Koni is already done. Have to deal with the dying 1st CAT. I will use the RB header (got it 2nd or 3rd hand) and reloacte the O2 sensor. Also, I need new clutch too.
    Gabriel

I've already converted it back to run on the OEM computer (for State Inspection purposes) and then unconverted it back to the SDS computer. Pulled the intake manifold and installed an insulating gasket. Ordered some 400# rear springs to try instead of the 450s. Planning on piecing together another intake desigh. Other than that, I'll get an allignment and spend some quality time on a dyno before the season starts, and I'll be good to go.
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

going to bleed & flush my blinker fluid!
    Brad Maxcy
    Texas Region SCCA Solo
    [email protected]

For the '06 MX-5:

Enkei RPF1 17x9" wheel and BFGoodrich g-Force R1 245/40-17 tire combo; Mazdaspeed RX-8 front swaybar; Mazdaspeed LSD; rolled fender lips; trailer hitch and utility trailer for hauling tires and gear; Jason Saini corner-balanced suspension; Goodwin header and midpipe if the coffers don't run dry...

Other than that, not much.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmchris View Post
    For the '06 MX-5:

Enkei RPF1 17x9" wheel and BFGoodrich g-Force R1 245/40-17 tire combo; Mazdaspeed RX-8 front swaybar; Mazdaspeed LSD; rolled fender lips; trailer hitch and utility trailer for hauling tires and gear; Jason Saini corner-balanced suspension; Goodwin header and midpipe if the coffers don't run dry...

Looks like CSP is going to get interesting this season!

It's gonna be fun, Mark - I'm looking forward to it! I still need to "add lightness" to my car by losing about 50 lbs.

For the '06 MX-5:

Holly crap, you are really going all out. You and Mark52 should have some fun. I'm sure he will welcome the competition.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

New clutch kit, maybe 1/4" spacers, about 40 lbs off of me and two days of Evolution school.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

It's gonna be fun, Mark - I'm looking forward to it! I still need to "add lightness" to my car by losing about 50 lbs.
    Don't forget to liberally grease your clutch/flywheel friction surfaces before each race!

Looks like I'll be ADDING weight to my car this year because of the new seat ruling. The passenger seat will be going from the 12# death seat back to the 35# stock seat.

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    New pads, a set of Racing Beat springs and sways, and I'm on the hunt for 17" x 9-10" wheels for some HPDE/time trial tires.

I'm going to try the RB suspension stuff during the off season and see if I like it, then decide if I want to convert the car back to B Stock next season or just whore a ride for the few SCCA/ER events I plan to do.
    RPF1's or NT03+M work well and are cheap. You can usually get a whole set from the STi or Evo forums with decent RA1's for 1000 or less. The +44 offset NT03's and 255/40/17 RA1's fit perfectly. I heard the Racing Beat springs are pretty soft but the whole setup is good when you pair them up with their uber stiff swaybars.

I'm going to buy a fresh set of RE-01R's and Blackwatch front sway for the Elise and maybe some Pagid pads and shocks if I can scrounge up the money. Nothing for the Miata beyond putting the HP+ back in before the season starts.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast