Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TCB Cell Service

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Shush, Santa hasn't been here yet!
    Amazingly, brown santa found us here (even though he couldn't find us in Dallas...) Kudos to Land's End for apparently going the extra mile to get shipping errors reported to them on Friday taken care of and out the door in time to make red cutoffs and into my hands.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Back to the phone stuff!
    Well poop!
    Thats funny, I was just at their site and didn't see that.

Origionally I just added my son to our family plan, but it only had 200 text messages, ops. Over the last two years his service has grown to unlimited text and multi-media as well. His phone bill is bigger than mine and my wifes. We've made him pay for his for the last year, as his bill alone is $60/mo . Plus a phone is only good for about 9 months before he tears it up, or drops it in the commode, or gets pushed in a pool; either way, it's never his fault . Teenagers can be really reckless. So for most of the last two years he's been begging and borrowing other peoples 2nd hand phones. The funny part was he was really pushing for a I-Phone this year for Christmas. ROTFLMAO, haha.

If I could do it over, I would have gone the pre-paid route, or a phone with the GPS tracking (I really think thats a great feature that I would have loved, still would, to have on my son's phone). Once they start riding with freinds and driving, It's hard to keep up with their whereabouts.

In my experiance, there is no such thing as a $30/mo plan, after all the fees and overages.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

metro pcs is pretty close comes out to about 40 a month but their coverage area is pretty limited
    07 civic si sedan -- the new toy
    92 miata-dead 85 VF500F, 01 750 Ace Deluxe
    furry friends -- sibes - lakota, anana, baby - schnauzers - roxie, tater --- MUTT -- Aero()
    - gus gus and gidget -- birds - stewie & Libby

+1 for Virgin Mobile. I've used them for over 3 years. The Sprint network is reliable, they offer Nokia phones (okay not very many), and this CB pays 6 or 7 bucks a month for 200 texts plus very occasional phone calls.
    As Titus mentioned, they have decently priced options for heavy use too. My lovely bride knows that end of the spectrum.

My 2 cents: Get your little princess a prepaid phone and make her buy the top-up cards for it. Raise her allowance a bit if you feel guilty but I'll bet she quickly figures out how to limit her usage. Worked for me and Queen Aud! The phone stops working when the account runs out of money. It's like getting her a pet but it won't die if she stops feeding it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12