Thread: Mechanic Recommendation

Default Mechanic Recommendation

Anyone has recommendation for mechanic in Rowlett, Murphy, Garland, Mesquite area? He/she dose not have to be a Miata expert, just someone works on Japanese cars. My Millenia S needs another radiator. I already have the new radiator and just need someone I can trust to put it in. At first I was thinking doing it myself. By looking at how much stuff I have to remove to get to the radiator and not having a lot of free weekends, I have to punt this one. I am not looking for a TCB deal but someone who do a good job, deal straight and closer to home. I am also open to the idea if anyone of you want to take my money too.

Thanks,
    Gab
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    Anyone has recommendation for mechanic in Rowlett, Murphy, Garland, Mesquite area? He/she dose not have to be a Miata expert, just someone works on Japanese cars. My Millenia S needs another radiator. I already have the new radiator and just need someone I can trust to put it in. At first I was thinking doing it myself. By looking at how much stuff I have to remove to get to the radiator and not having a lot of free weekends, I have to punt this one. I am not looking for a TCB deal but someone who do a good job, deal straight and closer to home. I am also open to the idea if anyone of you want to take my money too.

Thanks,
    Gab
    Executive Imports in Garland. I know those guys, and one of the mechanics is a good family friend. The owner used to work over at Rotary Performance. I had them do my timing belt back in June, and I'd recommend them.

One thought I had is about that radiator... you might want to see what their price would be if they got one from their supplier. They would certainly guarantee their labor if they put yours in, but if it pops again, you'd probably be on your own unless they supplied the part. Of course, if you can't take yours back, it's a moot point. Does that make sense to anyone but me?

Anyhow, give them a shout at 972-487-6677. I'm not sure what their schedule is this week given the holidays...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Thanks for the recommendation! By the way, do I have to ask for anyone or drop some name? Nope, I can send the readiator back.
    Gabriel