Thread: TBC Indoor Carting assets on ebay

Default TBC Indoor Carting assets on ebay

Looks like we're going to have to find a new location for this year's off-season racing pursuits.

Ebay auction
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

This facility ran successfully for about 3 years before some awfully poor judgment forced the shut down just a few months ago.
    Makes you wonder what happened to it...
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Thankfully, with it's closing, the WB Race Team goes out as the 3 time champ of the Rotary Club of Dallas Governor's Cup!!!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    This facility ran successfully for about 3 years before some awfully poor judgment forced the shut down just a few months ago.
    Makes you wonder what happened to it...
    Didn't make enough $$$ to justify it existence so it closed.

I will miss the place we had some good times at that place.

We used to race there at half price... and even at $10 it was way overpriced for the amount of laps per dollar.

Of course, I say that and the thought of an overcrowded SCCA weekend pops into my head...

$20 was obviously more than the general public wanted to spend on +/- 8 minutes of racing.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    We used to race there at half price... and even at $10 it was way overpriced for the amount of laps per dollar.

Of course, I say that and the thought of an overcrowded SCCA weekend pops into my head...

$20 was obviously more than the general public wanted to spend on +/- 8 minutes of racing.
    Can I rent your car at the next AX for that rate? Thought as much. So tell me where I can get any kind of seat time on a track in someone else's car for that price. I know most of the public didn't see it, but I learned some valuable lessons about momentum racing and braking and car rotation there. Unlike AX, I had a dozen laps to try different ways of getting through the course and could actually compare how it felt to what the timer said (when it worked). I missed going this year and hate that it closed. OTOH, we saw the writing on the wall last fall.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    Can I rent your car at the next AX for that rate?
    In all honesty, yes.

We've spent the last four years racing at TBC (literally right around the corner from the office). I, too, learned alot about "the mighty 'mo" and many other principles of racing. We were pretty serious.

Unfortunetly, most folks that went there were there not as enthusiasts... just folks that wanted to ride the "cute little go-karts". Damn shame that it's shut down. I liked the people there... they gave us the occasional discount or extra lap and we kept returning week after week... I know that we doubled or tripled the amount of return customers just with us dragging co-workers there and seducing them with the racing drug.

We had our Rotary Club race there for the last several years... I wonder where we're gonna race now.