View Poll Results: Do you want to go to the Dallas Auto Show together?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Wednesday (4pm to 10pm).

0 0%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Thursday (4pm to 10pm).

8 61.54%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Friday (11am to 11pm).

2 15.38%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Saturday (10am to 11pm).

1 7.69%
  • Yep, I'd like to go on Sunday (12noon to 8pm).

0 0%
  • Nope, I'm not going to make it this year... ya'll have fun!

2 15.38%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dallas Auto Show Poll

Default Dallas Auto Show Poll

Who's up for this, and when would you want to go? Please only vote once (I don't know if it's possible to vote more than once), and vote carefully. I've included the times that the event is open. This doesn't mean we'll be there the entire time... I mean, it'll be fun, but I'm not sure it will be that much fun!

We can worry about all the particulars -- what time, do we grab something to eat somewhere, do wew take the DART or drive down, etc -- after (if) we settle on a date...

Kestrel

Woohoo! Looks like I'm the majority so far. :P

I voted for Thursday night - my Friday class doesn't start until 1pm, so I can stay out a little later that night.

Iain
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

%100 thursday.hehe

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

By the way, our friends in the North Texas S2000 Owners Club are apparently planning to go down on Saturday. It might be fun to meet up with them, but the crowds on Saturday will be frightening.

click to read more about their plans...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Nope, I'm not going to make it this year... ya'll have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel
    By the way, our friends in the North Texas S2000 Owners Club are apparently planning to go down on Saturday. It might be fun to meet up with them, but the crowds on Saturday will be frightening.

click to read more about their plans...
    My close and personal friends at the NTCLC are talking about going Saturday also! But, I've got a set of Miatas! :P

I’d prefer to go during the week, since the weekend crowd will more than likely be farking huge!

NTCLC = North Texas Cadillac LaSalle Club

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Friday evening or late afternoon are my only choices, but I'm not all that stoked about it anyway. Y'all have fun.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

The Outlaws are planing to go on Thursday evening.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I’d still prefer to go during the week, since the weekend crowd will more than likely be farking huge! Are we still thinking about Thursday?

That sure looks like the majority vote to me... Hmmm... let's see... I wonder if I can swap out my front sway WHILE I'm at the auto show... That ought to be good for free admission!

Tailchaser, the of cheap...

I'm heading out there Saturday morning if anyone cares...

Anyone have any connections for discount tickets?

Bring a coke can or something
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    Anyone have any connections for discount tickets?

Bring a coke can or something
    Being a card carrying member of Team Cheap Bastard, tell me more - does a Coke can save you moeny off the admission price?

Iain
    (Who drinks Dr. Pepper but isn't above rummaging through a recycling bin on campus to save a few bucks... )
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Being a card carrying member of Team Cheap Bastard, tell me more - does a Coke can save you moeny off the admission price?

Iain
    (Who drinks Dr. Pepper but isn't above rummaging through a recycling bin on campus to save a few bucks... )
    $1.00 discount coupons are available from participating franchised new car dealers!

I'm looking for more!

lemme know what you find Mic....

Dr Pepper rules :thumbsup:
    1984 GSL-SE - Its ALIVE!
    1989 Suburban 4x4 - 4" Pro-Comp Lift 33" BFGs etc... DRUNK TANK!
    2002 Protege5 - Lucky the drunk wagon SOLD
    '04 MazdaSpeed Mx-5 Wheeee! Turbos are fun
    How can I be so thirsty this morning, When I drank so much last night??

$5.00 admission for Senor citizens, time to break out the grey haired wig & the walker! :P

Link to Dallas Auto Show Website

Seems like Thursday it is.

Any preference on time to arrive, or place to meet? I'm tempted to go to the Parker Road DART station and take the train down, since parking can be a pain. On the other hand, Parking on Thursday shouldn't be too bad.

Here's a thought. The doors open at 4:00pm and stay open until 10:00pm. Does anyone really need/want that much time there? I was thinking of meeting at a restaurant downtown at 5:00pm -- perhaps Hooters in the West End -- and then heading over to the Convention Center at about 6:00pm. We could hang out there for several hours and then head our separate ways at 9:30pm or so.

Thoughts? Opinions?

They had %50 military discount last year, I hope they have it again.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing
    $5.00 admission for Senor citizens, time to break out the grey haired wig & the walker! :P

Link to Dallas Auto Show Website

Has anyone over on the Ft. Worth Side of town taken the Trinity Railroad to Dallas?

IIRC parking around the Dallas convention center is not free!

Parking by West End is cheap though.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

So? What's everyone's pleasure? Tomorrow's the day, and we still don't have a plan. Not that we have to have one. I'll have my cell phone with me, and assuming I can actually get some reception with my Cingular piece of crap , you could just call me when you get down to the show. Or not...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast