Thread: wheel and seats

Default wheel and seats

I will want to replace the stock seats and steering wheel with something more track related. Any suggestions?

You'll probably want to go with a MOMO wheel, or something equivalent (almost ANYTHING is a vast improvement over the puny old NA wheel). I don't know what year your car is, but I used the Daikei Boss adapter hub to install a MOMO wheel in my '94 - it makes installation about a 30 minute proposition, with zero wiring hassle and no airbag light problems.

As for seats, I'm sure you'll get plenty of advice...

Good luck!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Check out Track Dog Racing's Ultra Shield seat. Gary took his Miata to Ultra Shield and helped them optimize one of their existing seats just for the Miata to give maximum rollbar and door clearance. I think he also had them adjust the harness holes to provide better positioning with the harddog harness mounting location. He has a couple different sizes of the seats installed in his Miatas so you can even go over there and see what size fits you best.

With Alcantara
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post

With Alcantara
    I have that wheel in leather, (momo montecarlo) and I'm about to sell it with a momo hub for a miata.

If anyone is interested, PM me.