Just a friendly reminder that the charity autocross is this Sunday, Oct 31,
    Halloween, at the TMS bus lot. All proceeds benefit the Hope
    shelter. Drivers meeting is at 9am but get there early so you can get
    your car teched and walk the course (8am recommended). Costumes for
    people and cars are encouraged, but please do not plan on wearing
    costumes, particularly polyester/plastic based, when you drive. Cotton
    clothes and full toed shoes are required. It's the last driving event of
    the season for Maverick region before the long cold lonely winter sets
    in, so come out and have some fun with your fellow driving enthusiasts.
    I didn't notice anything else on the calendar this weekend, and the PCA always puts on a great event. The fact that this one doesn't conflict with an SCCA/ER event, is local (at TMS), and benefits the Hope shelter are all bonuses in my book.

The Bus Lot hasn't been kind to me this year, but I'm willing to give it another shot for charity (if the wife is willing to let me out to play for another weekend, that is ). Anyone else interested?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

I won't be able to make it... need to spend some "quality time" with my kids!

I'm very interested... Still anxiously awaiting the results from some testing to see whether I'm going to be stuck at the office all weekend or just 1 day.

31st? I could probably make it out for that.... I could use the practice and it's down teh street from my house anyway.......

How do they class things?

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    How do they class things?
    Simple - all Japanese cars are in class "OJ", for Other Japanese. No class letters required, just numbers.

And since you have a rollbar, you can run top down.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Is this one of those "no rollbar so the top must be up" type of events?

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

So I'm classes with all those lesser powered miata's too?

(and the S2000s, and any errant FMII that would show up or some lowly NSX etc..)

I ran one porsche club event a couple years back.. Haven't been back in awhile... I figure I'll pencil this in for Sunday...

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac

RJ
    yeah, PCA is that way now... (although they weren't 2 years ago.... I may know the event that bought about that change however...)

so how do you go about registering for this? i might be uip for it if i dont work this weekend
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by fwMiata
    so how do you go about registering for this? i might be uip for it if i dont work this weekend
    Try this: HERE

However, the chart shows a $35 entry fee for the PCA- actually its more like $25.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac

RJ
    Technically yes, but sometimes they will relax this rule. I have no idea if they will on Sunday or not.

Still, they do put on some really good autocrosses, usually with 8 runs per driver and smaller event size, so the day tends to run a little shorter.

BTW, if you're thinking about going on Sunday, don't forget that the clocks go back Saturday night, so don't be late!
    Iain

Well, I got a pass from the better half, so I'll be there this weekend!
    Iain

I'm on the fence on this one, with the ER twofer coming up the weekend after........ hhhhmmmmm

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

I'm not sure either. Might have to work. I missed the last event at the bus lot. I heard the surface was not as sticky as it was earlier this year. In fact, I think someone said it was slippery. Any comments?

Here's the link to pre-reg BTW -
    http://www.mavpca.org/MavRegister.htm

Looks like it going to have "heavy rain"....channel 8, which will turn it into one gib skating ring! If not, I'll be there.

Looks like I'm not going after all. My wife needs some help rearranging her classroom, and with events the next three weekends (plus last last weekend), I better play nice this weekend if I want to race at all three events in November.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Looks like I'm not going after all. My wife needs some help rearranging her classroom, and with events the next three weekends (plus last last weekend), I better play nice this weekend if I want to race at all three events in November.
    You wussy! Saw the weather forecast, eh?

Well, I've never run in the rain at the Bus Lot, but I imagine it would be like driving on greased pig snot.

Seriously - when I mentioned racing the next three consecutive weekends, Melissa looked at me and said "So you want to race five weekends in a row?", and her left eyebrow shot up. I've been married long enough to know that's a bad sign. So, I did the smart thing and offered to magnanimously help her instead of racing tomorrow.
    Iain

I'll admit that I was less motivated to complete the software install/data conversion/etc process today after I saw tomorrow's forecast... Now I just have to figure out how to convince the powers that grant vacation days that I will have put in about 40 hours by Monday morning...

I just got back from my Kid's school's auction. I inadvertantly spent my entry fee! I'm going to take a pass on the PCA event. See you kids in Mineral Wells....