Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A hail of a storm tonight...

Default A hail of a storm tonight...

Golf ball sized hail in Lewisville. Sounded like someone square dancing on the roof.

Guess I can go out in the morning and check the damage on the cars.

If you're awake and in the Colony you need to put the cars in the garage as it's coming your way.

RJ
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

I see I am not the only one that woke up to that.

I was half asleep when I posted. It was more like a dance hall on my roof.

Sheesh. Now I can't get back to sleep.

The thunder woke me up, but I am one of those guys that once awake I cant go back to sleep so I am up for the day, yesterdays wake up time was 3:00am.
    I am soooo tired.
    99 Miata Black

Suspension Modder

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    The thunder woke me up, but I am one of those guys that once awake I cant go back to sleep so I am up for the day, yesterdays wake up time was 3:00am.
    I am soooo tired.
    Wish I had that problem. I can sleep through most things and fall back asleep no problem. I am not tired.

Did not see any damage on the Miata or the truck this morning. Will have to wait for some sun shine. We only got marble size hail from what I saw last night.

The hail missed me as far as I can tell, but the rain and thunder and lightning woke me up when it rolled through around 4:30 this morning.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I bet thats why I slept so well last night ahhh the louder it is the harder I sleep.
    Blah blah blah!

We got marble-sized hail in Murphy around 3:50 this morning. Thankfully both cars were in the garage.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Did not see any damage on the Miata or the truck this morning. Will have to wait for some sun shine. We only got marble size hail from what I saw last night.
    I must've been completely passed out since I live about a mile down the road from you and didn't see/hear anything all night. The cars were safely tucked away, that's probably why.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

If there was anything here, I slept through it. No worries though, as I don't own a car that has spent a night outside in TX. This is also why I don't have my Se7en yet, and why I will have uber-space at my next home (hopefully in the next few months... anyone want to buy a house?).

Default Texas Solar Powered Paintless Dent Repair

Miata was parked in the garage... Truck got nailed though. It doesn't seem too terrible. We only had marble sized hail. Hopefully, I can count on a little Texas Solar Powered Paintless Dent Repair sometime around August.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

1991 Mariner Blue (daily driver)
    Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

We got marble sized hail. Both cars were in the garage where they belong. I don't understand why people use their garages for storage instead of cars. Throw some shit away and protect your vehicles!

The only way I'd have a car parked outside is if I had a third car. JMHO
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    We got marble sized hail. Both cars were in the garage where they belong. I don't understand why people use their garages for storage instead of cars. Throw some shit away and protect your vehicles!

I do use my garage for storage... Car 1, Car 2, Car 3... It's full of cars.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

1991 Mariner Blue (daily driver)
    Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

You run out of space when you have a 2 bedroom house, 2 other roommates, and a one-car garage.

We're looking to move to another rent house in a month. I'm looking for a 2 car garage and a looong driveway (we have 5 vehicles).

Either I slept hard or we didn't get any hail... I didn't hear a thing.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

Because the Jeep is in pieces all over my garage at the moment and I can't get a second car into it.

Plus all of my tools take up a lot of the space.

Quote Originally Posted by HudsonHawk View Post
    Because the Jeep is in pieces all over my garage at the moment and I can't get a second car into it.

Plus all of my tools take up a lot of the space.
    Because the Spec is in pieces all over my garage at the moment and I can't get a second car into it.

Plus all of my tools, networking gear, and an arcade game take up a lot of the space.

So.... Shingles took a hit, but not too bad... the worst parts were all the dents on the truck, Miata, and the 3 along with holes in the patio roof.

RJ

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac View Post
    So.... Shingles took a hit, but not too bad... the worst parts were all the dents on the truck, Miata, and the 3 along with holes in the patio roof.

RJ
    Dang... time to call Mr. Insurance Man.

I'll call them but before I put a claim in I need the # of the guy that does the PDR days for us. I'd like to see how much he'll charge.

As for the patio roof, it's that clear plastic corrugated stuff you can get from home debit. It's fairly cheap to buy and put up.

If it's not much more than the deductable for the house insurance then it'll make sense to just pay it out of pocket.

RJ

Maybe I will get to come home and work hail claims.........I have been in Atlanta three weeks and we about have all of these claims done. I thought traffic in Dallas was bad, from what I have seen here I shouldn't complain when I get back home...........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast