Thread: Another wave of storms...

Default Another wave of storms...

Hope everyone is safe and have their Miatas covered up!
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Mine is behind my buddies truck... we're both prepared to run for an underpass if the hail comes down. It's been baseball sized in some of this crap.
    09 Lexus RX350
    .... no Miata

I got lucky. Mine was outside, and I was coming back from working a catering event. I was in the catering box truck and my car was back at work so I couldnt get it under cover. On the way back we got pounded by hail in the truck, most of it marble size some a little bigger. It covered the street, and since I was only a short distance from where my car was I figured it was toast. But with just a quick glance it looks like it didnt have any damage, or very minor if it did have some.

Tons of hail here, waves of it, mostly marble size but some was near golf ball size. I suppose it will be time for a new roof? And to answer the question in the first post, both Miata's and the Accord are under cover
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Mall cops made us ride out the storm in the basement of N.E. mall, who knew N.E. Mall had a basement!

My 4Runner rode out the storm in comfort of the parking garage.

Flower Mound seemed to fair well. Miata was parked in the garage. My truck was parked under an overpass in West Ft. Worth and I was parked in a bar down the road from the truck -- we all made it through okay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
    There's no six-way traction control. There's no complicated folding metal roof. It's simpler than that. Engine in the front, drive to the rear, and a big smiling piece of meat in the middle.

Currently:

1991 Mariner Blue (daily driver)
    Previously:
    1994 M-Edition

I got lucky too. I was camped out by the TV watching the radar, ready to run to nearest parking garage, but the hail never came - it split and went by on either side. All I got was wind and rain.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Just some rain and a little wind in Allen. Our cars were garaged.

Just wind and rain in my part of Carrolton. Even though the alarms were sounding.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I got lucky too. I was camped out by the TV watching the radar, ready to run to nearest parking garage, but the hail never came - it split and went by on either side. All I got was wind and rain.
    X2... except I was camped out in a parking garage anyway
    '97 black on black

Unhappy Bummed Out

Well, as fate would have it, the '97 that was under the carport, still got damage because the hail came in sideways. The top is trashed, as there are a half dozen holes in it, the rear deck lid got some dimples, along with a few on the rear panels.

The roof will surely be totaled on the house, the pool was damaged with holes blown into the vinyl (so much for in-ground vinyl pools being less maintenance), and I have fence damage. What really sucks is there is a good chance Insurance won't cover the pool, and I've got a $1400 deductible, and I'm concerned about the fence being covered. And if that's not enough, I've got most of the same issues across the street, because I own that house too with yet another deductible. This really sucks, I'm really worried that when it's all said and done, I'll be out around $10,000!

Anyone know if any of these damages are tax deductible?
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    Well, as fate would have it, the '97 that was under the carport, still got damage because the hail came in sideways. The top is trashed, as there are a half dozen holes in it, the rear deck lid got some dimples, along with a few on the rear panels.

The roof will surely be totaled on the house, the pool was damaged with holes blown into the vinyl (so much for in-ground vinyl pools being less maintenance), and I have fence damage. What really sucks is there is a good chance Insurance won't cover the pool, and I've got a $1400 deductible, and I'm concerned about the fence being covered. And if that's not enough, I've got most of the same issues across the street, because I own that house too with yet another deductible. This really sucks, I'm really worried that when it's all said and done, I'll be out around $10,000!

Anyone know if any of these damages are tax deductible?
    That sucks... If the house across the street that you own is a rental, you should be able to write off your cost on that one. As for your house, I'm not sure. If you get a home equity loan to pay for the work, you would at least be able to write off the interest.