Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about Hallett registration

Default Question about Hallett registration

I just printed out my Hallett registration package, and I see three different fees:

$150 - Performance Driving Package: Track - Page 2 (?)
    $35 - Associate Package: Associate - Page 2
    $25 - Touring Laps: Touring - Page 2

I'm assuming the last two are optional... but what exactly are they?

Also... it looks like I just need to mail off the first two pages of the package - but is there a way to register online?
    Last edited by trickyrix; 04-25-2008 at 10:37 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Associate gets to attend the other festivities but not the track. (Call it the wife package)

Touring laps are for those who don't want to run Hallett but want to see what the track is like. They get a paced lead and follow tour around the track. (Call it the wine and cheese package)

I believe registration is snail mail only.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Associate gets to attend the other festivities but not the track. (Call it the wife package)

Touring laps are for those who don't want to run Hallett but want to see what the track is like. They get a paced lead and follow tour around the track. (Call it the wine and cheese package)

I believe registration is snail mail only.
    OK cool... thx for the info. So, it looks like the first two pages go back with my check. The rest (Safety Inpection, Medical, Driver's License, Tech Inspection) looks like it gets submitted at the event.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

I just got an email that you will be able to register on line and pay through paypal.

I'll just snail mail mine.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

WTF mate?

What are you guys registering for and what date?

Whenever I go to HST and/or for Spec Miata I just email my info to Hallett.
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    WTF mate?

What are you guys registering for and what date?

Whenever I go to HST and/or for Spec Miata I just email my info to Hallett.
    Miatas at Hallett 2008 - 9/20/2008...

I've got my registration form filled out, my check written, and both stuffed in an envelope - ready to go!
    Last edited by trickyrix; 04-27-2008 at 07:22 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Mine will go out mid-May.
    ...and across the line.

Wow, it's that time of year already.

I'll be getting my registration out this week or next.

Default Already got my confirmation back!

I'm super-duper pumped! Booya!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

the performance driving package gets you a nice view of the rear of a striking green miata, sporting ToD.

I don't even know if I'm going to be able to make it. I haven't touched my car in respect to the turbo bits, and going to Seattle for the summer. ugh.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

So ... who is going to this. I went up to Hallett this past Sat and had a blast! I really like this track. I am thinking of going to this one too. I want to see if anyone looking to share the hotel room. How late can I wait to put in my registration. It took me 3 tanks of gas for the trip and the event. If the gas up to $6/gallon, it can get real pricey to go!
    Gabriel

Yes urrite, Hallett is awesome. Every time I'm at that track time stops for a moment. Its my happy place. Its probably one of the last tracks you can go to where they still have the 1970's motorsports attitude, according to some people who were in motorsports back then. They don't care how much money you have, how much you paid for your car, and they really don't seem to care about the money...they have a track, you should come out there and run, make friends, drink a beer at the end of the day, and enjoy your day at the track. When I go to Apex or MSR, I don't really feel the same way. They start class rooms off by conveying the consequences and how funny it is to throw people out and they tell you how bad ass they are. After 2 sessions at Hallett, I realized that I had a former leMans GT2 driver in the passenger seat. I could probably move to Tulsa just because of that track.

I just sent my money. However I still have to put in the motor, turbo system, tune it, and give it a shake-down to see if its going to overheat. I'm in Illinois right now, so I have yet to work on the car and won't be back until september or so. Will I make it?
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 07-14-2008 at 02:21 PM.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    ... After 2 sessions at Hallett, I realized that I had a former leMans GT2 driver in the passenger seat...
    Same here! I had an ex-Spec Miata racer in the passenger seat. He pushed me even in heavy rain with the top down and went off track twice. He was in the car for less than 15 minutes. I was already much faster after he showed me the line and how to drive. If I can get the $$ issue square away I will go to this one.
    Gabriel

I got an email from Gail yesterday. They are down to 10-15 spots left. Get your registration in unless you want to be on the waiting list!
    ...and across the line.

So, how many cars will on the track at one time? I do not want to drive at 7/10 in a train! If the corners and the back side of the tracks are "no passing", it make the passing in the straight very difficult for my normal aspirated car to pass. Anyone can drag race in the straight. I am not that fast, but I still want to see my max potential!
    Gabriel

Quote Originally Posted by gabkwong View Post
    So, how many cars will on the track at one time? I do not want to drive at 7/10 in a train! If the corners and the back side of the tracks are "no passing", it make the passing in the straight very difficult for my normal aspirated car to pass. Anyone can drag race in the straight. I am not that fast, but I still want to see my max potential!
    80 cars - 4 Run groups. @ 20 cars on track at a time. I have no problems running in the advance intermediate run group against Turbos and Supercharge cars. If you're faster in the corners, all that extra HP won't help them.

Besides, I have no problems letting faster cars pass in the straights. Then I have someone to chase.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    80 cars - 4 Run groups. @ 20 cars on track at a time. I have no problems running in the advance intermediate run group against Turbos and Supercharge cars. If you're faster in the corners, all that extra HP won't help them.

Besides, I have no problems letting faster cars pass in the straights. Then I have someone to chase.
    Thanks! OK, I will send in the paperwork and $$ tomorrow after work.
    Gabriel

Default What sort of prep do I need to do to the car?

I figured I'd go over my car like I would before a long road trip - checking fluids & filters, changing the oil, etc etc... but what else should I be looking at?

Should I swap my drilled rotors out for some regular (or slotted) units?

Will my Hawk HPS pads be OK?

Should I bring a spare set of pads (HP Plus/Blue/Black)?

Should I flush the brake fluid and the cooling system?

BTW... I smell a weekend tech day coming for an FM Butterfly install... BR, you in?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    I figured I'd go over my car like I would before a long road trip - checking fluids & filters, changing the oil, etc etc... but what else should I be looking at?

Should I swap my drilled rotors out for some regular (or slotted) units?
    Regular rotors are best. Be sure your rotors and pads have "mated" before you go to Hallett.

Will my Hawk HPS pads be OK?
    If it's your first track event, yes. Just be sure you have AT LEAST 50% pad left. Newer is better.

Should I bring a spare set of pads (HP Plus/Blue/Black)?
    Wouldn't hurt to bring a spare set of HPS.

Should I flush the brake fluid and the cooling system?
    Yes.

BTW... I smell a weekend tech day coming for an FM Butterfly install... BR, you in?
    Hope that helps...
    Last edited by miataspeedracer; 07-23-2008 at 08:25 AM.
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Hope that helps...
    Yep! Thanks!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast