Thread: Nationals Registration

Default Nationals Registration

I noticed this morning that Nationals registration is open.

I have signed up.

When do they release the run/work dates for each class? Does everyone wait until then to make hotel reservations?

It is not on the site but I believe it has been posted on the SCCA discussion forum. I was told that STS2 is Thursday/Friday. Typically it has rotated from what the class has run the prior year.

Thanks. Gee, all I had to do was look.

Looks like I will be arriving on Tuesday night and leaving Saturday morning.

I was thinking about the Courtyard hotel. Any better suggestions?

I snagged a room at the Courtyard for Tues-Fri nights, leaving on Saturday.

Oddly, they do not honor the SCCA discount on event weeks. Go figure.

Anyway, on the phone, they wanted to charge their $179 event week rate, but online, it is only $139.

Looks like I might give the Mini a go at Nationals. First-timer an advise is welcomed.

I am running T/W. When should I arrive and depart?

Ken, Jarrett asked about this several months ago......here's what I responded:

2007 was my first year to go and I found it very helpful to be there for the full week.

I didn't do the practice on Sunday and now wish that I had. The HPT surface is tricky and I do wish I'd had time on it before my run days.

The course was open all day on Monday so there was plenty of time to walk both courses.

It was great to be able to watch the competition on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The course is open for walking after each days competition as well. You get to know the times when EVERYONE is on the course and you can't see a darn thing and when there's less "traffic" so you can see what's coming up.

I worked registration on Wednesday so I did not have to work on my run days of Thursday & Friday.......many of the Texas Region folks seemed to get some "special" assignments so they did not have to work a corner. If you don't get a "special" assignment......you work the same days you run.

Long and short......if you can take the time off.........go for the whole week.

If you are running Tuesday/Wednesday....try to get there for the practice on Sunday and to walk, walk, walk on Monday. If you run Thursday/Friday, try to get there by Tuesday (Wednesday morning by the latest) so you can get registered and watch the competition on Wednesday (FYI.....registration closes Wednesday afternoon......no registration on Thursday morning unless you make special arrangements).

Tech is only open at certain times......if you run Thursday/Friday, I believe you can only tech on Tuesday afternoon or certain times on Wednesday.

If you run Tuesday/Wednesday, I THINK you could tech at certain times on Sunday and Monday and early Tuesday morning.
    #79 BSPL
    '79 Metallic Brown Corvette