Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
Quote Originally Posted by 96 M-Edition
Okay - sorry for the lack of response on the tech day thing. I got busy with my new job and the front end rebuilding of my OTM. Since I really boo--boo'd on the estimating the amount of time required for my OTM (16 hours, only 1/2 done), I really need to reconsider my when I am available for the Miata tech day.

It looks like my schedule will not free up until early Feb. How about if we pencil in the first Sat of Feb (2-5) at my house in Plano?

John
To be honest John, you might be under-estimating the time to do a proper T-belt change, especially if your going to replace the water pump, and all gaskets and seals, (water, crank, cam's) while you are there. It took me roughly 14 hours to do mine. Of course I was alone, and had to break for some gaskets that were missing from the water pump and I pulled the crank pully, but had to get a special sized bolt for my wheel puller to pull the pully off and not get into the stearing components.

Of course I could just be slow as molassis
Yep. Same here. Being the really an*l person that I am. I was repacking the birfield on my OTM - it took me 14 hours to repack ONE side. The factory time if 8 hours for both side.

It's been about 15 years since I last done a T-belt. It should be interesting.

John