Thread: Getting REAL close!

Default Getting REAL close!

Well, after breaking the stock Viscous gears, and letting the car collect a few layers of dust (11 weeks worth) I am almost finished with the build.

The list of parts is VERY LONG, so I'll just refer you to my garage to see them all.

http://www.clubroadster.net/forum/ga...ehicle&CID=586

The car is still not complete, as I am waiting on a few more parts to get in, but it should be RUNNING in a few days. Gonna get it tuned (AEM EMS) for just stock WG boost (5.5psi) and then drive it around a few days to make sure everything is right before turning up the boost.

Modified Turbo Tony DP.

Modified rear bumper. We are going to run either DS or center exhaust in the back, we'll know for sure when we get it on the lift and everything laid out.

When we do get into turning up the boost, we are gonna see how much the TD04H will make, hopefully around 270-280whp, we are gonna try to get as close to 300whp as it will flow.

Should be tons of fun, and I'll get to drive it till I blow the stock motor.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Any mods to the engine?
    What boost are you shooting for as a goal?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Any mods to the engine?
    What boost are you shooting for as a goal?

Chris
    Stock motor. Going for 270-280whp.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Nice.

Why'd you end up going with the AEM? What's the biggest advantages of this over a UEM?

Chris

isn't the TD04h the stock turbo from a 2.0l WRX? (Been a while since I had mine.) If so, they were efficient up to almost 15psi on the scooby. I think i still have my old turbo laying around somewhere now that I think of it.

Anyway, good luck. Looks like fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Nice.

Why'd you end up going with the AEM? What's the biggest advantages of this over a UEM?

Chris
    Everything.

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    isn't the TD04h the stock turbo from a 2.0l WRX? (Been a while since I had mine.) If so, they were efficient up to almost 15psi on the scooby. I think i still have my old turbo laying around somewhere now that I think of it.

Anyway, good luck. Looks like fun!
    Well, the info I found on the TD04H put it's max efficiency around 24psi, and max psi at 28. Most people I see running 15psi make around 250-260whp.