Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is why the 135i is my next car

Default This is why the 135i is my next car

http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...UafE99end7f35h

Vishnu pump gas re-flash, downpipe, intake, stock exhaust vs 04 Gallardo 6spd with exhaust. Holy freaking crap, talk about a mini BMW supra.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?vid...UafE99end7f35h

Vishnu pump gas re-flash, downpipe, intake, stock exhaust vs 04 Gallardo 6spd with exhaust. Holy freaking crap, talk about a mini BMW supra.
    "We're sorry, this video is no longer available"
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    "We're sorry, this video is no longer available"
    DOH! was working a while ago.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Oh the pain for the Lambo, lol
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

you'll enjoy that when driving your loaner unscheduled maintenance.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

How about some real data ya know closed course and all that good stuff.

Looked like Lambo boy couldn't drive his dad's car...

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    How about some real data ya know closed course and all that good stuff.

Looked like Lambo boy couldn't drive his dad's car...
    I think Lambo Boy was actually Shiv, the owner of vishnu. He owns both the Gallardo and 135 as well as some pretty mean Evo's. From what I hear the pre 05 Gallardo isn't as fast as the 06-08 and I think the 135 is making around 380 whp 400+ wtq.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Talking

I think Lambo Boy was actually Shiv, the owner of vishnu. He owns both the Gallardo and 135 as well as some pretty mean Evo's. From what I hear the pre 05 Gallardo isn't as fast as the 06-08 and I think the 135 is making around 380 whp 400+ wtq.
    Meh he may own it but it sure looks like he can't drive it, or maybe he was on the phone while trying to do the scientific testing on the vid.

That 135 sure beats the Lambo in a straight line. It would be a good F-stock car.

I am not a fan of exotic cars and I doubt a Lambo owner is too worried about a modified 135. I think the typical Lambo owner is more worried about getting his car parked in the front at valet, while the 135 will be put in with the Buicks. If your only concern is beating a Lambo, then get a Z06.

I agree with POS Racing. Put both of them on a track and see what happens. You know how often those Lambos see tracks...

Yeah, the videos aren't that impressive (especially here at work with the sound off ), but that new twin turbo 3.0L is a peach. Now all the car needs is a real diff and some camber.

Seriously though, I'm looking hard at replacing the '8 in a couple of years with a 135i, once the newness wears off and some lease returns start coming back. I really do like this car.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    That 135 sure beats the Lambo in a straight line. It would be a good F-stock car.

I am not a fan of exotic cars and I doubt a Lambo owner is too worried about a modified 135. I think the typical Lambo owner is more worried about getting his car parked in the front at valet, while the 135 will be put in with the Buicks. If your only concern is beating a Lambo, then get a Z06.

I agree with POS Racing. Put both of them on a track and see what happens. You know how often those Lambos see tracks...
    I think that one has about 28,000 miles on it with a decent amount at road courses. The guy is a big time gear head/tuner and has some pretty impressive stuff for Evos, 335i, STi etc. I'm sure the Gallardo would spank the 135 on a track though, unless the 1 had camber plates, coilovers and wider R comps then it might be in the neighborhood.

The straight line is still pretty impressive though. They had a fairly mildly modded 335 go deep in the 12's @ 116 mph. The same package in a 200 pound lighter 1 series should go in the 11's @ close to 120 that's starting to creep up on Corvette numbers.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xittxZZIXTM
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

If I do end up getting a new car, it will be the 135i. I am gonna do the chip, DP, exhaust, intake, and some coilovers. It should be plenty fun and still be reliable. It is gonna be the "closest to stock" car in the garage.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Zr1.
    You need to get one and let us know if it is any good or not.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Zr1.
    I have two words for you - rental car

Cars. Just as addictive as drugs, and only 10 times as expensive.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Thinking more about this 135i. Any one interested in a MINI?

For $2.50?

Chris

Thinking more about this 135i. Any one interested in a MINI?
    Yes, 18K?
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast