Thread: If this was up here, I'd be all over it.

Driver
    Blog Entries

Default If this was up here, I'd be all over it.

A little work, and this would be a great car. Needs a bit of work, but great price. Too bad it is in Austin:

http://austin.craigslist.org/cto/815190469.html

Maybe someone here can work out a deal on it.
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

Wow - that's really CHEAP! I bet it's sold already.

Email sent. Not interested personally, but my know someone that wants a running $900 miata.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quick update, some idiot offered $1500 cash to pick it up from SA tomorow.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I'll buy that car. I just sent the email, I'll drive down tomorrow.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 08-27-2008 at 02:25 PM.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

I'm #2 in line because some loser in San Antonio scored dibs. It would be so awesome if I could score this car.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Arrg. It's still a pretty good deal at $1500 though.

Chris

Driver
    Blog Entries

He upped the price in his ad to $1500, says he expects to close today.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

If those are the 14" BBS they don't go for anywhere near 1K. Still a good deal though.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by Walsted View Post
    He upped the price in his ad to $1500, says he expects to close today.
    I hate it when they do that. Craigslist is not ebay.

Tell him you'll pay 2K but can't make it to Austin till the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    I hate it when they do that. Craigslist is not ebay.

Tell him you'll pay 2K but can't make it to Austin till the weekend.

Agreed.

And a great idea.

Chris

Driver
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I'm #2 in line because some loser in San Antonio scored dibs. It would be so awesome if I could score this car.
    Ad deleted, guess the loser in San Antonio picked it up if you didn't.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

Craig's List is pissing me off. I found a TCB R6 today and emailed the guy. I looked at the ad an hour later and it was flagged. Someone else was interested in it and flagged it so others couldn't reply. When they flag it, no emails will go through to the address.

Pisses me off. Hopefully the guy will respond.

Chris

Driver
    Blog Entries

I'll flag stuff that I know is fraud, like a 2002 Miata for $4000 listed in Atlanta, Dallas, Austin, Los Angeles, etc, with a non-craigslist email attached for contact info. If it is local and I am interested at all, I send an email for specifics before some jerk flags it to reduce competition. It is a pity it has to work that way.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio