Thread: Intro and reunion

Default Intro and reunion

Hello,
    My name is Dan Hill. I have lived in Tyler for the past 10 years, but have moved to dallas this last week. I recognize so many of the names already of friends I haven't seen in a while and some pics of people i saw just last week. I autocrossed in the dfw area for 4 years and last year in august I started racing spec miata. It has been an educational year for me. I have really enjoyed it and learned a lot! I just bought a street miata/spare to drive in the city.
    So there is my intro. I enjoy rock climbing, cycling road/mtb, skating, and even a few more respectable sports.

talk to ya later,
    Dan

what spec car is yours?

im kyle btw
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Hey Dan! I'm from Tyler too. What did you run AX in the past?

Hal
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome to the forum and back to the MetroMess Dan! There are 2 AX events left this year. Hope to meet you at one of them!

See this section for info on the events -
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewforum.php?f=3

Mt spec is or was #32 a red one with zebra strips and my company logo. I am changing numbers for next year at the request of a friend. I will post a pic when I get my computer up.

In AX I started with a DSM in ESP. I went to scca school with Iian and his prelude and john in his 3000. I also meet Johnson and cammeron that way, both had dsm's at the time. I built up a honda civic for street mod the last 2 years I AXed. It was pretty dominate at the time. I had watched the spec miata class for a full year before I joined, and my budget to run the honda had gotten so high I thought I was ready for the move to road racing.

MArc C has offered me a codrive this weekend with him, weather permitting, so I will be at pennington and hope to catch up with lots of my old friends. Please stop and talk if you can. MArc'scar is a dark green miata in CSP.

Dan

Hey Dan - welcome back!

I remember you saying something about Spec Miatas when you put the turbo Civic up for sale. How has that been going?

It'll be good to see you again this weekend. What type of street Miata did you buy?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Dan, hey its Marc. Welcome to the board. To tell you the truth, I was thinking about what you were doing at last weeks ER event... Good to see your on the board.

Hi Dan,

Welcome to the insanity!

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Welcome back, Dan. Don't worry, Marc and Iain don't really look like that
    What's left of a '96 Miata with stock clutch.
    My car exceeds my driving ability. That's the only possible explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark52
    Welcome back, Dan. Don't worry, Marc and Iain don't really look like that
    To bad in Marc's case - that'd be a definite improvement. :P
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Ouch, that hurt my feelers, although it is true... I dont think I'd ever make it out of the house....

Banned
    Fort Worthless, Tx And deep in the land of STRESSSSSS!!!

well welcome home bud sit by the fire smoke a cigar, have a brandy and tell us about yer' travels.

rory

dan, are you going down to college station for the spec enduro race?
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Quote Originally Posted by Majik
    Ouch, that hurt my feelers, although it is true... I dont think I'd ever make it out of the house....
    So here's the question on everyone's mind...

Who is that in your avatar, majik? Girlfriend? Ex-girlfriend? Some random chick you're stalking, or what?
    Iain

Oh, then he is stalking....
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Hey Dan, it was great to see you run the sm at TMS a couple of weekends ago. Welcome to the list. I am fairly new here myself since I bought the MSM on Saturday, after I saw you at the track on Friday. So, Miata owner for 10 days and counting, and loving the damn thing. Three tanks of gas so far and a high of 29 mpg!...and the car goes like stink!
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

I have really enjoyed the year with the spec maita guys. I am going down to college station with my team to the enduro, but because of my move and expenses I will not drive unless I am needed. I am just going to pit for Rob and Craig and be back up incase one of them gets to tired.

My street miata is really kind sad right now. It is sound and in good shape, but very stock. I like the way the newer miata's look, but honestly the older ones to me look a little "chicky"......no comments Johnson!! so I am going to "man" it up a little with some new wheels and a factory front lip asap. It is white with the tan leather and it gets a hick of a lot better mialge than my truck, so that was the main reason I got it and for the seat time.

The only thing I don't like about RR is the time not in the car between events. I do as many extra track days as I can afford, but it was a bit nicer when I ax'ed to drive said car once in a while on the street. I am hoping the street miata will scratch that itch!!

I hope the weather is OK for sunday. I am looking forward to seeing every one.

Dan

PS My vote on Johnson's pic is OLD girfriend.