Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: my build thread

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Dude is dressed like your car!
    Yep. 'cept no handlebars on my car and my car isn't hairy.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I may just pull the power steering. I drove wag's car and liked it on the track, but I want to drive it around town and see if I can survive. Unlike wags, I like to drive my car other place than the mansex meetings.
    Gary has a solution to this, you should give him a call. Not the mansex part, you're on your own with that.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by redmenace View Post
    Dude is dressed like your car!
    Bravo!!! :) :) :)
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

lol
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Nice hood where did you get it?

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    Nice hood where did you get it?
    from a guy in San Antonio. The south Texas miata crew is so hardcore, it scares me. I can't wait to get my car together to do some hill country runs with these guys. In the last 4 days I've come across eight 270+whp miatas, one of which rolled the tires in 4th gear on the concrete highway

on the hood, I'm really surprised by the quality; it needs filling on the edge facing, and there are rough grooves on the side of the hood, visible with the hood closed. For $800 fiberglass hood, I'd expect it to be ready for paint. However, its the only good looking miata hood on the market, and I didn't give $800. Its funny though, this guy bought the hood on the condition that it would fit an NA with a 99 motor, and it requires some clearancing. I could possibly machine the mating surface of the intake planum and get it to fit, but I'm not sure it will work.

yes

from a guy in San Antonio. The south Texas miata crew is so hardcore, it scares me. I can't wait to get my car together to do some hill country runs with these guys. In the last 4 days I've come across eight 270+whp miatas, one of which rolled the tires in 4th gear on the concrete highway
    Anything with over 200 ft lbs of torque is enough for me. I guess I am 50 years of age and starting to slow down.

Buck
    04 MSM reflashed and modified

"Fish tremble at the sound of my name"

Quote Originally Posted by Buck Reynolds View Post
    Anything with over 200 ft lbs of torque is enough for me. I guess I am 50 years of age and starting to slow down.

Buck
    yeah, I have better things to do than loop it in 4th.

yeah, I have better things to do than loop it in 4th.
    well mine loops in 2nd gear and I grin like a little school girl. To be honest I am just probably a little bit jealous. My gt 2560 could never make that kind of power regarding 270 hp, but the bastard sure spools quick.

I enjoy your build thread and patience involved. I looked and did not see, what size turbo is that? gt2870 ?

I see your going with MS, I assume that Miata is a 94 so you have no OBDII to fart around with come inspection time ?

I have lake property in Wood co., actually on Lake Fork TX and they don't do the sniff test with their inspections. So I will get my Miata inspected there, vs the hassle of loading up this very passive map and driving around for two days etc. As I am running Xede, and yes I am getting familular with it finally.

just my 2-cents which aint tiddly-squat

Good luck & have fun

buck
    04 MSM reflashed and modified

"Fish tremble at the sound of my name"

its a 1991, I have a gt2860rs (will probably get a 2560 but who knows with a 1.9l "freshed up" 99 head and EBC). This car is going to be really cool with all that low end torque and TPS-based boost control, if I can just get the time to do it.

Also, the t-body is hitting the stock hood, which doesn't bode well for the FM hood.

Lemme know if you decide to bail on that hood...
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

Quote Originally Posted by miataspeedracer View Post
    Lemme know if you decide to bail on that hood...
    The only reason I'd throw it out is if it doesn't help cooling. I'm concerned that the vents are too far back to maximize the pressure differential, however FM claims that work with a aerodynamicist indicated success.

Also, the t-body is hitting the stock hood, which doesn't bode well for the FM hood.
    I'm still planning on buying a dremel.......

Its fun.

Well done... the little bastard looks like tons o' fun!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Clean looking install. Hope she runs as good as she looks.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Clean looking install. Hope she runs as good as she looks.
    not yet. I put it at 7psi on thanksgiving day, loaded up a spark map from a gt2560r 9.5:1 compression car, checked for knock and tuned the fuel map, then realized that 2nd gear is now a waste, and that 5k rpm in 3rd will spin the tires and bury the tach...and I can't do that until I put a couple hundred more miles on it. From 2nd and 3rd gearat 7psi max, its just as fast as a freind's evo9. This car is wild right now...I can't imagine what its going to be like at 250whp, but hopefully TPS/closed loop boost control will make it more manageable. Reliability is still goal #1.

I basically want to make a copy of what John and Gary have done to their cars (the yellow one), but with 250whp. However, I think its going to take a while for me to get accustomed to this car on the track. I could pretty much make the car by bitch at 94whp...but things are a dramatically different now, and the penalties will be much more severe for minor errors...binary throttle input is over.

BTW Mike, I forgot to change the enrichments from the 1.6 injectors...I cut them down to 10% of the original values and now it runs great with no more bucking.

Things I still need to do:
    get an air scooper that fits
    get a cold-air-box that fits
    get it dyno tuned
    fix the fan issue that I can't figure out
    get a 3psi wastegate actuator (12psi springs suck for spool)
    brake ducting
    make grown men cry at a porsche club day

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast