Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: my build thread

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamoto View Post
    Good to hear you're going to give autox a try. You're daily driver may fit better in STS than CSP. I'm sure I'll see you at an autocross or the track soon.
    The daily has Tokico adjustables, stock springs, RB front and rear bars, a header, a ghetto intake, and I'll run azenis or 225 rs2. Where does that put me?
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    The daily has Tokico adjustables, stock springs, RB front and rear bars, a header, a ghetto intake, and I'll run azenis or 225 rs2. Where does that put me?
    What year? Does it have a Torsen?
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

What year? Does it have a Torsen?
    1995...I bought it for $1400 because it had a torsen, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    1995...I bought it for $1400 because it had a torsen, lol.
    1.8L with Torsen is not allowed in STS, looks like CSP is where your car is classed. Everybody in that class will be modded to a rediculous point. Just run what you've got and have a good time.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

1.8L with Torsen is not allowed in STS, looks like CSP is where your car is classed. Everybody in that class will be modded to a rediculous point. Just run what you've got and have a good time.
    I've enjoyed playing in SSM here in Austin, but I have a lot more car so the "gross driver error" is a bit more apparent. On street rubber I basically have no traction at any point in 2nd when going straight. 3 more inches of rubber, per tire, and hopefully make 2nd gear less violent.

I thought you would be in SM2?

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    I thought you would be in SM2?

Chris
    sm2 is now called ssm. They killed the #'s because it was confusing at events.

just thought I'd let everyone know that last night I thought I blew up the rear end...turns out it was just breaking the all-season rubber loose in 4th gear on the highway, lol. I'm definitely turning the boost down for the track if I can pitch is sideway in 4th on the street.

I'm not even surprised dude, your making huge power, it was all seasons for christ's sake, and plus that's what you get for trying to use 4th gear on the highway, JEEZ what were you thinking.
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    I'm not even surprised dude, your making huge power, it was all seasons for christ's sake, and plus that's what you get for trying to use 4th gear on the highway, JEEZ what were you thinking.
    I was just casually accelerating from a light in 4th at 3800rpm...where the torque comes on the hardest. Tonight I'm going to have a sit-down with my car and we're going to talk about how much power we want to make and if where we sit now is a little excessive.

I'm going to tune it up to MBT if possible on 91-octane, then roll spark back 1*, then fill up with 93-octane. That way I know the car is safe at whatever MAP and can still drive the car in OK without detonation. Its easy to say that I only need 12psi (240whp/230wtq)on the track, but its hard to say that 18psi (300/285) can't be enjoyed on the street with a 6-speed.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 03-02-2009 at 05:45 PM.

almost done adding stuff
    my cops:

my relocated oil pressure sender:

The cops were an almost unnoticable gain in "generally running better." Basically the fast recovery on idle was better, but I probably could have gotten in close with some tuning. The real magic will come when I go from .02 to .045 plug gap on the dyno in the next couple of weeks. That much more spark should help make even more torque. Right now, even at .02 I have spark blow-out when its cool out. This is already fixed.
    Last edited by SirHustlerEsq; 03-03-2009 at 07:55 AM.

Yummy!!
    '90 "LE" available for purchase soon
    2008.5 CWP MS3: JBR 70d trilogy engine mounts, short throw shifter & shift plate bushings; AST 4100 w/ 400lb springs f/r; JRZ camber plates

Wags said your car excited him so much it made him tinkle in the seat this weekend, so it has to be good...

I wanna ride that pony.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Wags said your car excited him so much it made him tinkle in the seat this weekend, so it has to be good...

I wanna ride that pony.
    That wasn't tinkle......

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    That wasn't tinkle......
    Ewww...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post

I wanna ride that pony.
    that's remarkable because I'm just a bachelor...
    I'm looking for a partner
    Someone who knows how to ride
    Without even falling off

this car looks like garbage. I wish I stuck with 99-wheels.

Hopefully the big, 9" bronze wheels will look this good. I rolled around Austin last night with these wheels, and at least 100-women offered themselves to me.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456