Thread: Costco Find, 4 Post Lift 1,699.99

Default Costco Find, 4 Post Lift 1,699.99

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...anmar4postLift

Height Columns: 82”
    Optional casters enable you to roll the lift outside or wherever best suits your needs. The space saving lift fits in a typical parking space and has an overall height of less than seven feet to truly maximize valuable floor space. You can also use the D-7 lift for detailing, storage of ATV’s, snowmobiles, jet skis, golf carts, boats or anything else that needs to be up off the ground. Utilize the space you now waste above your car even with a standard 8-foot ceiling.

I just thought this was pretty cool for anyone in the market for one.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

that is a good price if you can pick it up without paying shipping

at the GoodGuys car show at TMS each Oct, a vendor has a similar special deal

a friend is the manager of a supply company that sells to the wheel/tire industry (Rick Dirks in case anyone knows him)

they sell more expensive, made in USA stuff that is commercial grade

he cautioned to look carefully at how those cheap lifts work and how much contact area there is on the stops (keeps it from falling after it is up)

his comment was that most/all of the cheap ones are made guess where and that the quality often leaves a lot to be desired

he said his least expensive commercial grade with the "good" mechanisms is around $2800, so maybe you get what you pay for in this case
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

At first look, it looked just like mine, but then I notice that the 'stops' on the posts are exposed. That would scare me. Mine is completed enclosed on three sides, and the fourth all but the 6" where the cross rails fit. I bought it direct from the manufacturer on NE 28th St in Fort Worth and picked it up for $2300. Of course, that was about eight years ago.

They show two models, but I don't see anything different unless the X version is longer.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Looks to me like the X version is bigger indeed. Longer, wider, and taller.

This looks to be the manufactuer's website and picture:
    http://www.gesusa.com/category/world...ng_storage/431

No info on location or where it's made though.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I have a 2 post lift it was a little over $1300.