Thread: Freakin Rain and No Lights!

Default Freakin Rain and No Lights!

What's up with folks driving with their lights off in a downpour?

I almost killed a lady in a Grey Lexus this morning on 183/121. I fired up the turn signal and looked back and started to change lanes, I never saw her I only heard her horn as I changed lanes in my fogged up 'lac. If she had her lights on I would have seen her……

Kids turn on those headlights in the rain, you never know if that guy in the Classic Cadillac with the bad defroster can see you or not.......

ya i cant even drive my car in this rain, streets are flooded all over, so im mising my first class and taking the big 4x4 suburban to the rest.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Some states have a law that you must have your headlights on if you have your wipers on. I've always thought Texas should adopt that one!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm
    Some states have a law that you must have your headlights on if you have your wipers on. I've always thought Texas should adopt that one!
    Missouri, Kansas, and Florida all have that law... and having lived in each long enough, I've grown accustomed to turning on the headlamps. I've never understood why it wouldn't be the same here.

It was the same when I lived in Oregon, plus it just makes sense if it's dark and raining that others will be able to see your dark grey ES300 a lot easier if you'd turn your lights on......

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

In Texas, we don't make such foolish laws. We just clean the gene pool every time it rains.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

If you think we're cleaning the gene pool when it rains, what do you call it when it snows around here?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

So I take it DFW has been having some rain 'issues' this week?

I wouldn't know... I'm stuck down in Mexico!

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    If you think we're cleaning the gene pool when it rains, what do you call it when it snows around here?
    According to my resident pool expert, occassionaly, you have to SHOCK the pool. About once a year is adequate.
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    So I take it DFW has been having some rain 'issues' this week?
    Ya, you could say that. I'm starting to get webbed toes!

On I20, between I45 and Benbrook yesterday, I must have seen a dozen or more cars in the ditch - sideways, backward, and banged up on all sides. Some still had their engines running, but NONE had their lights on.

My 04 company Suburban has no problem with fogging windows, as long as I keep the AC on to dry the air (HINT to POS), but it is still difficult to see through the water on the windows and the outside mirrors.

It is a shame we don't have connections with some media type (HINT to 3bean) who could alert the driving public to this hazard.

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    My 04 company Suburban has no problem with fogging windows, as long as I keep the AC on to dry the air (HINT to POS), but it is still difficult to see through the water on the windows and the outside mirrors.
    The last time the A/C worked in the 'Lac Elvis was still alive!

Quote Originally Posted by onething
    It is a shame we don't have connections with some media type (HINT to 3bean) who could alert the driving public to this hazard.
    Last I checked, all 34 of our viewers had their lights on.

Dunno what the problem is here in Texas...

In Driver's Ed back in Indiana you were taught to drive with your lights on if you had any problems with visibility... rain, snow, fog, sleet, night , etc...

Hell, in all the times I've taken defensive driving courses in Texas to dismiss speeding tickets (I should be an instructor by now) they've NEVER covered this.

Raymond
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    ... in all the times I've taken defensive driving courses in Texas to dismiss speeding tickets (I should be an instructor by now) they've NEVER covered this.
    Bad choice of instructors. I always mentioned it when I taught that class, and Defensive Driving is where I learned the technique!