Thread: ER CC #7 090708 Results posted

Default ER CC #7 090708 Results posted

Results posted

http://www.autocross.com/er/equipera...ndex.php?id=54

Audit was easy this time around. Pics should be up in a day or so.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

It was the best autocross I attended today and it was a fun course for PMS. Good to meet Keifersmith as well.

several of the "usual crowd" were missing

where was Jerrett ?
    2009 MX-5 STR and track toy
    2003 Z06 -- Not a Miata, but 3200# and 400 RWHP is fun
    OTM -- 2012 Sierra, 2016 Impala (Appliances)

Quote Originally Posted by nealb View Post
    where was Jerrett ?
    I was at the BMW CCA autocross. I'm just tired of Pennington. While I don't mind it as part of a rotation, I just get sick of it this many times in a row.

I've also decided that I'm not going to worry about season points in each club and just choose the more appealing of two autocrosses when I am confronted with two in a weekend or two on the same day.

Looks like some interesting results from ER. Congrats to Ben for his GS win! How did Ken O DNF two runs?!?!? And look at David Jones putting the smack-down on Super Stock!

Talking

Nice job by all the Miata kids!

Especially Keifersmith who started his ER mug collection yesterday!

I was running the tires that should have died at the event you co-drove. Well, they died. One section of the course required more lateral grip than the tires had in them and I wasn't going to lift. So once I blew that section I took it easy on the remainder of the course to save what little tire was left.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    I was running the tires that should have died at the event you co-drove. Well, they died. One section of the course required more lateral grip than the tires had in them and I wasn't going to lift. So once I blew that section I took it easy on the remainder of the course to save what little tire was left.
    You, my friend, belong in B-Stock.

NO. I want to beat BS.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    NO. I want to beat BS.
    Sorry, you'll have to wait until Jon and I leave the class

Anyway. I have to say without a doubt, this is the best course I have ever ran at PMS in my 4 years there. It's a shame all the courses aren't that good. Lots of people missed out, I can tell you that.

Jeremy *who can't wait for the new rubber* Foley
    C5 Base Daily Driven Beater
    Borrowed 1M
    (2017 B-Street Pro Solo Champion)

Jeremy Foley

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

The course was fun, but there was one point when I was sitting in the trailer and a certain Miata almost went the wrong way at the cross over and straight toward the trailer He almost hit the first cone in the wall between sections. He had maybe another second to recover or the trailer, the starter, or the car at the line would have been smashed.

I walked the course and joked about staying to the right in that curve with the guy who almost went the wrong way!
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    The course was fun, but there was one point when I was sitting in the trailer and a certain Miata almost went the wrong way at the cross over and straight toward the trailer
    We really need to start having instructors ride with POS Racing.

The wrong way Miata was interesting to watch. He lost it, caught it and then realized where the correction was going to put him and hit the brakes.

Pics are posted: http://www.autocrosspictures.net/ERAutocross090708/ 1213 pics.

Speaking of instructing, here's a ride along with running commentary and hand gestures.....

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    Nice job by all the Miata kids!

Especially Keifersmith who started his ER mug collection yesterday!
    Hey, Nice to meet some more of you guys yesterday. That ER mug is proudly on display in my office Hopefully I can get a pass this weekend for the event at Birdville HS since it's right by my house. Has anyone been to an event there? Seems like it would be a small course if they keep it confined to a single "section" of the lot. otherwise you'd have to drive between divider curbs to get from one lot section to the next.

Quote Originally Posted by Keifersmith View Post
    Hopefully I can get a pass this weekend for the event at Birdville HS since it's right by my house. Has anyone been to an event there? Seems like it would be a small course if they keep it confined to a single "section" of the lot. otherwise you'd have to drive between divider curbs to get from one lot section to the next.
    We've only had one event there, thus far. Yes, it is kind of tight and we only use one section, as the city will not let us block off a fire lane in order to cross lots. I think that I have a pretty good course drawn up (given the size of the lot), so we will give it a second shot. Last time, they made up the size with the number of runs. I think we got over 10 runs, IIRC.

On the other hand, the S2000 event on Saturday in Mineral Wells is a longer distance to drive, but you will have a much longer course and eight runs. So, choose your poison... or have both.