Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A day in the life of BB

Default A day in the life of BB

So I go to get my first oil change at NTB here in Weatherford....
    The monkeys broke my side skirts and spilled oil all down the engine block.
    I get in the car today to take it back down so the manager can see the damage....i check under the car to see if any oil is leaking just a few drops as expected after the spill and sitting overnight.
    I go inside NTB and me and the manager are looking over the damage, as I walk around the car to show him the drivers side I step in a huge puddle of oil and think surely this isnt coming from my new car.....but it is.
    They put the car up on jack stands this time and tell me the filter and drain plug are dry and that the oil is leaking from the valve cover.
    I look and see that it does apear that some oil is back there, so i call Mazda service and then a dealer in Ft worth and roadside assistance....the car is now being towed to the dealer to find out what is boogered up.

Lovely.
    99 Miata Black

If it's like my wife's old Mazda 3 (we gave it to her parents when we bought her the TDI Jetta) then the oil filter probably popped off when the oil change place put the WRONG SIZED one on.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Daughter took her car to NTB Grapevine to get the tires (purchased there) rotated and balanced, before taking the car on the road to school this fall. They told her it would be 2 hours. When she finally got the car home, I could tell they hadn't balanced the tires. Tire pressure on all four was at 20 psi. The only thing they did for sure was rotate them. I called the manager and told him what happened and he generously offered for me to bring it back in. I took it to Discount Tire instead.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck, how come you didn't change the oil yourself?

its a little difficult on the NC, especially one as low as mine.
    I have to run up on boards to even get a jack under it.
    Thought I would save some time.
    99 Miata Black

Who knew NTB even did oil changes!

Well I guess they don't really do them all that well...

Sorry to hear about the car Billy! I hope the leak isn't anything too bad.

Have you done an oil change on the NC yet? I really think it's easier than the NA, mainly because of the location of the oil filter. I use standard rhino ramps to do oil changes, but have no problems getting my jack (harbor freight) under my lowered NC.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Billy have you been hangin out with Adam Payrot????? You two have the worst luck of anyone. I'm sorry to hear this.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I've got a black cloud over me, life's been kicking me in the face since i was like 4 years old....obviously the powers that be seem to think it's funny like..."Let's see this bastard get out of this one...hahaha"
    I quit trying to understand why a long time ago it just is.

This is the first oil change on the car.

Sent a letter to NTB, will be calling Bankston "where they took the car" and I'm not happy about it.

I feel it in my bones I am going to be in a blame game and have to fight to get this resolved, sometimes I like it...but am not particularly thrilled about it today.
    I would rather spend my energy on something productive or creative.
    99 Miata Black

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Blaze View Post
    I've got a black cloud over me, life's been kicking me in the face since i was like 4 years old....obviously the powers that be seem to think it's funny like..."Let's see this bastard get out of this one...hahaha"
    I quit trying to understand why a long time ago it just is.

This is the first oil change on the car.

Sent a letter to NTB, will be calling Bankston "where they took the car" and I'm not happy about it.

I feel it in my bones I am going to be in a blame game and have to fight to get this resolved, sometimes I like it...but am not particularly thrilled about it today.
    I would rather spend my energy on something productive or creative.
    A friend of my seems to have a similar knack for bad luck, for years her nickname has been "crap magnet".

I can introduce you, she's single now since her husband just left her. Nine out of ten mathemagicians say that two negatives make a positive.

lol maybe worth checking out.
    99 Miata Black

Sing a song, go and sing a song.......
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

When I took the Boxster in for new tires I took a picture of the car sitting in the bay before they jacked it up. Then I proceeded to take HIGH RESOLUTION pictures of each wheel and all of the side panels. If they did screw something up I'd have proof that nothing was wrong before they got ahold of it. It really sucks that you have to take precaution like that. Nothing happened, but you never know.

An employee took his car into Jiffy Lube, and they did not tighten the oil drain correctly. Guess what, His wife called two hours later from the side of the road with a really bad knocking. They had the car towed back to Jiffy lube and they said it was not their fault. He wound up selling the car, knock and all. The bad thing was is that the car was paid for and they were going to keep it for a while.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

luckily i just drove it home, and then back to NTB the next day. there was still oil in the car when i pulled up in front of NTB.
    So i dont think there is any damage, there was no noise either.
    99 Miata Black

Just got a call from the dealer first off they said that the oil cap was left off, i told them No it wasnt i checked that when i got home and the oil cap was there.
    Now they are going to clean the engine off and run dye through it to check for the leaks but they are already on the deffensive stating that they have never seen a car with this low miles having a leak without someone else being at fault other than Mazda.

more to come.
    99 Miata Black

The leak was caused by excessive jarring from the stiffer than stock Tein Flex suspension. As this root cause is not approved by Mazda, your warranty is now null and void. Can we interest you in a '09 MX-5? They just arrived and look really sharp!

without someone else being at fault other than Mazda.

more to come.

Sounds 'bout right. How much is all that going to cost and who is having to pay for it?
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

I'm trying to figure out how you got oil on top that appears to be leaking from the valve cover or from the oil cap.

LOL, yeah I expect something to be said about the Teins and muffler and front sway...lol

I suspect there was enough oil spilled on the engine to soak into the padding on the hood.
    They suspected the oil cap was off and it got sprayed on it.
    99 Miata Black

the morons left the oil cap loose, thats what caused the oil to get into the aluminum drip rail around the engine.
    NTB is supposed to make it good taking the car down saturday to see the manager
    99 Miata Black

NTB is supposed to make it good taking the car down saturday to see the manager
    So these guys screwed up your car so your going to take it back so they can make it good?

Why does that sound like a bad plan.

What are they offering a free oil change?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast