Thread: Where to Dyno in North Dallas?

Default Where to Dyno in North Dallas?

I am interested in getting a base dyno for my Miata before I go FI after the first of the year. No tuning needed.... I just want to establish my baseline.

Any recommendation on where I should go?

Any idea what I should expect to pay?

There was talk of a Miata dyno day last month, but it didn't seem to go anywhere.

Not exactly North Dallas but it is in North Texas! ATS in Denton got a great dyno!

Miata Dyno Day at ATS Racing

Thanks...looks like they want $65. I wish I could have gotten in on the $40 dyno day deal.

There's a Quick Car Lube shop on Jupiter and Cambell(?) in Richardson that offers 3 pulls for $30, or 3 with a/f for $45 anytime...

That's where I did my dyno runs at. I showed up on a random saturday and was out in about 40 minutes.

Kwik Kar of Richardson
    1851 N Jupiter Rd
    Richardson, TX 75019
    972-644-1851
    www.kwikkarauto.com

Quote Originally Posted by rx7gslse
    There's a Quick Car Lube shop on Jupiter and Cambell(?) in Richardson that offers 3 pulls for $30, or 3 with a/f for $45 anytime...

That's where I did my dyno runs at. I showed up on a random saturday and was out in about 40 minutes.

Kwik Kar of Richardson
    1851 N Jupiter Rd
    Richardson, TX 75019
    972-644-1851
    www.kwikkarauto.com

PERFECT!! That is the type of price I was dreaming of. I think I may be heading over there on Saturday.

Cool I've got to keep this link handy
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Glad I could be of assistance!

i've used both Kwik kar and ATS

for a cheap dyno run, Kwik Kar is good, the kid running it was kinda immature and not very up on what it takes to tune a car, but it was ok once they let me just run the dyno myself. good dyno for measuring baseline power, and minor adjustment

ATS gave me alot of help looking at the maps and figuring out the best way to safely tune the cars without risking any damage due to overly optomistic adjustments. if your wanting to do the whole tuning thing, i would reccommend their facility.

one thing i do reccommend is that once you put your car on one dyno, you should stick to that dyno. you can see up to 15% variance from one to another.
    [email protected]
    "if it can be done cheap, we can do it. if you want it done right, we'd rather do that."

I'm not as sophisticated as you guys running turbo's with electronics. I've only got two fuel adjustments to make: boost, and non-boost. So my tuning is fairly simple.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

lol- a spec miata is not sophisticated by any means- we just have to maximize whatever package we have to work with. we'l be playing with turbo and electronic set ups soon enough.

side note- owner of ATS has a FM2 powered m2, so he has alot of insight in the tuning department
    [email protected]
    "if it can be done cheap, we can do it. if you want it done right, we'd rather do that."

Quote Originally Posted by Thorage327
    lol- a spec miata is not sophisticated by any means- we just have to maximize whatever package we have to work with. we'l be playing with turbo and electronic set ups soon enough.
    Pardin my Ignorance, but if your running a Spec, then what is there to tune, other then timing? You can't change your fuel delivery can you? Aren't you running on a stock computer?

Some AFM's are built "better" than others and produce more power. There's a few other things that one can do as well that fall under the rules
    '02 Berlina S2k
    J's 60RS, K&N FIPK, AUT CF cooling panel,
    JDM sidemarkers, S badges, BYS emblems,
    Mugen TP, 11.7:1 CR, Comptech Header,
    Hello Kitty Mugen badge

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

ATS Miata Dyno Day #2 thread moved here -

http://forums.dfwmiata.com/viewtopic.php?p=15801#15801

looks like I missed all the drama being out of town...

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Payrot
    Some AFM's are built "better" than others and produce more power. There's a few other things that one can do as well that fall under the rules
    ya there were a few hp gains by using differnet afm's than the one that came on that car.
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

you can test a bunch of AFM's, and if you try enough, you will find one that makes a sizeable increase (like up to 10 hp more if your lucky). that afm might make more with another car, it might not. it just depends on how it was tuned at the dealership (they did mess with them sometimes) or how it was set up by bosch
    [email protected]