Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pix from Hallett!

Default Pix from Hallett!

Here are the best ones I got of cars we know...

LINK

AWESOME time, BTW... I enjoyed the hell out of this weekend, and I'm looking forward to the next one - just wish it was soooooner!!!
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-23-2008 at 03:34 PM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

You got some great shots, Rick! Great Quality too.

I've got a new desktop back ground.

Thanks! I've got bigger originals if anybody wants 'em.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Feh, No LE, no care

Great shots, it was great to hang out with everyone! I had a blast.

Cool to meet Machismo, Carrazy, cone-cerned, and see everyone else! Almost missed talking to Six-ace since he was in a sweet black car instead of the white one.

Next time I want to make sure to ride with you super fast guys, I think my pucker factor has shrunk since I had my son. After watching the video, I have a good line, but I over brake in at least three sections.

It was great!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by johnwag View Post
    You got some great shots, Rick! Great Quality too.

I've got a new desktop back ground.
    send me pics of your car and the interior.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    send me pics of your car and the interior.
    I've got a picture CD from Hallett. I should still have the email I sent you of the interior. I'll send it to you.

Great pics Trickyrix! Was a helluva great time! I'll post some of our pics if Carazzie doesn't beat me to it.

Great pix Rick. I really like the one of "The Beast" and the one of "Scotland the Brave".

I didn't take in pictures and all the photos Trina took were of me and my car. Go figure! Three years of pics and they're always in the same corner. Only difference I can see from year to year is the different mods on my car.

I need to spring for one of the $40 CDs one of these days.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

We didn't take that many pictures, but here's what we have.

LINK

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Great pix Rick. I really like the one of "The Beast" and the one of "Scotland the Brave".

I didn't take in pictures and all the photos Trina took were of me and my car. Go figure! Three years of pics and they're always in the same corner. Only difference I can see from year to year is the different mods on my car.

I need to spring for one of the $40 CDs one of these days.
    I got a picture CD and it included pics from the friday track day as well.

Quote Originally Posted by cArAzzIE View Post
    We didn't take that many pictures, but here's what we have.

LINK
    You've got some awesome pix!

Jeez... I can't wait for next year!
    Last edited by trickyrix; 09-22-2008 at 07:10 AM.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Only difference I can see from year to year is the different mods on my car.

You mean all the pepboys interior, trunklid, emblem, and jdm additions?

Sorry, couldn't resist William.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I forgot to mention...

This was our first get-away in a while so we thought we'd make the most of it!

After sleeping in and eventually leaving the hotel - we went back out to the track and we watched the motorcycle racing for a while. During the intermediate/street group, a bike wiped out at turn 2 and it closed the track for a while. It wouldn't have taken so long to reopen the track if the tow truck didn't have to be towed off! The rider walked away so he wasn't hurt (too bad at least). It was cool watching bikes ride the same track that we just drove the day before...makes you appreciate their skills even more.

Thus the pictures of the motorcycles on the track in the mix of the Hallett pictures!

Man, I wish I had the time to hang out some on Sunday to watch the bikes, glad you guys got to. What great weather for a track day, picture perfect. Nothing more fun then getting a bunch of Miata enthusiast together for a good time. The Arkansas Miata club really put on a good event and is why we sponsor them every year. I hope more of you can come next year.

Little track report, the Beast on the Friday session was hooked up, unfortunately we had a bearing in the SC making a noise so we benched her after that to be safe. Our yellow '96 was with us as well for my Scottish friend Andy to drive. Good thing we had two cars as I was able to drive this car in my session as well. Andy drives on tracks in UK, probably wet most of the time so I did not worry too much about his driving skills, at least after a few runs with him.

Like everyone here that went, you got better as the day went by. Andy was turning 1:38 I believe for is best time which is a very good time for a normally aspirated engine. With me driving the same car my best time, which was the fastest time of all the Miatas of the day was 1:32. Kind of shows you the difference your car can do with the right driver. The Beast usually stays in the 1:28 range.

If you ever had any doubt about handling I can assure you that the Tein Flex suspension is still the best setup we have tested and used. This car has optional 550 lb front and 400 lb rear springs with no revalve work in the dampeners, combined with the RB sway bars and you have an excellent handling car. Having a good suspension setup total separates the Miata into a different field or in this case, run group.

And don't rule out good brakes. And on that subject, it has been stated many, many times to use new or almost new brake pads for a track day event. Someone we know, (P..l) pulled what was left of his brake pad right off the backing plate. For the future, half the pad surface is Not good enough for a track day. If in doubt, don't.

Drove Nail's NC, what a sweet motor that car has, pulls much stronger then the NA-NB engines. For a street car suspension upgrade, she handled the rough Hallett track with ease, just needs a little better tire to improve the handling. Thanks for letting me drive her.

Hopefully soon we can get some videos that a few people took online. Skirt had cameras front and back, way cool. We watched the rear view in the hotel's lobby monitor and that no doubt was the coolest viewing. Good thing we were held up by a slower car, you know who you are as it kept several of us bundled together.

For those that were not able to come, try to make next year which is set for Sept 18, I guarantee you will have a blast.

Gary
    Danger!!! This Dog Bites.
    www.trackdogracing.com

Good times!

Gary, we were just trying to get all of Paul's money's worth out of those pads. In fairness, they put up with 6.5 sessions before they were totally gone, so had we not made the last-minute call to tag-team the car, P**l would have been fine. Besides, now he has a good excuse to upgrade to 1.8 brakes. (Got any brackets?) Huge thanks to Sharpie for having spares, so we could swap 'em out during the novice run and get in the full 8 sessions for the day!

Third trip to Miatas at Hallett & it was a blast as always. I'll post up some pix later. It's awesome seeing everyone improve and like the others have said - it's amazing to ride with folks that are 10 or 15 seconds a lap faster... And yes - we want VIDEO!!

Can't wait for next year!

Craig
    '96 M-edition

John's car with the 225's, blues, and flexies felt pretty awesome and confidence inspiring. You may have another Tein customer, thanks to a session in that car. I never drove on r-comps or with an LSD before that session, and it made my car feel sketchy in comparison. Maybe its the tires, the diff, or the dampers, there is only one way to find out.

Michael and I were certain the black flag would make at least two appearances in that last "intermediate 1" session, I heard it was pretty entertaining from a spectator. I know I had fun, and I can now say that I broke my 1:40 with a 1:38, and a total of like 380lb of human weight.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

I'm still working on my still photos. I'll have them up later. As well as some video.

For those who have never been to Hallett, I drove real slow so I could get good video for you.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    I drove real slow so I could get good video for you.

Don't worry, I can fix the video to give you whatever times you want
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Quote Originally Posted by cone-cerned View Post
    I'm still working on my still photos. I'll have them up later. As well as some video.

For those who have never been to Hallett, I drove real slow so I could get good video for you.
    Let me know when there's an auto-x in town, I need to get out there to play in my car once it comes together. You weren't that slow, probably the fastest in the group in the 2nd session, in a stock car.

Did anybody get any shots of my car on the track? The ones the guy at the track took were kinda so-so, and I really wanted a shot of mine coming out of the Bitch...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast