Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another new member

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Welcome to the board! Was this your yellow Honda Challenge Type R I saw for sale on sccaforums?

I'm in Murphy as well. Whereabouts do you live in the city?

BTW, if you buy the bar and pick the right weekend (and bring the right beer ) we can probably put the bar in at my place. No sense paying someone else to do what you can do yourself with a little help.
    Yeah that was my car.... new owners picked it up on Saturday . A little hard to see it go away.... anyway. I'll probably take you up on your offer on rollbar installation. Not sure when I will get it.

I live in the Timbers, sort of close to Murphy Road. Where are you?

There is a really nice NC, lowered, cream w/two red fender stripes, I think rollbar that lives in or near Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by davidnyc View Post
    Yeah that was my car.... new owners picked it up on Saturday . A little hard to see it go away.... anyway. I'll probably take you up on your offer on rollbar installation. Not sure when I will get it.

I live in the Timbers, sort of close to Murphy Road. Where are you?

There is a really nice NC, lowered, cream w/two red fender stripes, I think rollbar that lives in or near Murphy.
    That is rpmchris. He's another cone-dodger who frequents this board.

I'm in Daniel Crossing, north of 544 across from Kimbrough stadium.

Just post up here when you've ordered the bar, and I'm sure we can organize a neighborhood installation party. I've got all the tools we need and a garage to do it in. If we can round up a couple of extra volunteers, we can knock it out in a day.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Welcome I think I met you at an autocross in MW, BMWCCA I think it was. You were in your yellow ITR. Glad to see you found your way over here.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Do you mean the HP difference?
    no there was a post where someone had a 02 like mine and put it up for sale after a week on the bored so i post to blame me cuz i have a 02 and the running joke is I'm stupid or something because i went to the zoolanders school for kids that don't spell very well.

That is rpmchris. He's another cone-dodger who frequents this board.

I'm in Daniel Crossing, north of 544 across from Kimbrough stadium.

Just post up here when you've ordered the bar, and I'm sure we can organize a neighborhood installation party. I've got all the tools we need and a garage to do it in. If we can round up a couple of extra volunteers, we can knock it out in a day.
    You can probably count me in to help. I think Trickyrix has a bar needing installation. Maybe we can do them both.

Should I order it direct from HD or get it from Track Dog?

If you guys want to do an "Install Party" before it gets too cold, I can place an order soon. However, if not, probably want to do an install in March/April (not too cold, but not yet too hot??)

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    Welcome I think I met you at an autocross in MW, BMWCCA I think it was. You were in your yellow ITR. Glad to see you found your way over here.

Yup it was me. Which car were you driving?

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    no there was a post where someone had a 02 like mine and put it up for sale after a week on the bored so i post to blame me cuz i have a 02 and the running joke is I'm stupid or something because i went to the zoolanders school for kids that don't spell very well.
    Ironically, Jeff's spelling improved dramatically after he was recently hit by a car. Apparently the effect was only temporary.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yup it was me. Which car were you driving?
    I think it was the first BMW event of the year, I was running the Elise on the crap A048's.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Should I order it direct from HD or get it from Track Dog?
    I have the Boss Frog double hoop rollbars -- http://www.bossfrog.biz

They are SCCA compliant and I think they have a better look.

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Ironically, Jeff's spelling improved dramatically after he was recently hit by a car. Apparently the effect was only temporary.
    the oxycodone was temporary, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff_man View Post
    the oxycodone was temporary, sorry.
    Ever tried Ritalin?
    05 MX-5 Mazdaspeed #1024 Titanium Gray Mica

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    You can probably count me in to help. I think Trickyrix has a bar needing installation. Maybe we can do them both.
    Yep... I've got a bar that needs to go on at some point... so, TECH DAY!

If you guys want to do an "Install Party" before it gets too cold, I can place an order soon. However, if not, probably want to do an install in March/April (not too cold, but not yet too hot??)
    Weather-wise, it probably won't get "too cold" till mid-November.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Where the hell do you guys live? Here in Texas, it hardly ever gets too cold to work on a car in the garage.

It does get too hot, on the other hand...
    Iain

Where the hell do you guys live? Here in Texas, it hardly ever gets too cold to work on a car in the garage.

It does get too hot, on the other hand...
    True, garages don't get too cold.... I keep forgetting that. This will be 3rd Texas winter, you would think I would remember that! I will place an order in a few weeks and get back to you guys on an install.

I call BS. When my friends and I pulled/installed the engine in my car in Jan. of 05', we would've frozen if it weren't for propane heaters, etc. Of course this was at Rogue's in small side of the hanger, so I guess it's not quite a house garage. Anyway, I've used an electric heater at my house to heat the garage too. Garages can get cold.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12