Thread: Miata @ MSR Cresson

Default Miata @ MSR Cresson

Well, I have posted up vids of my Miata doing things it isn't intended for, IE drag racing. This is a vid of it doing what it was built for...ROAD RACING!

This video is at Motorsport Ranch in Cresson, TX. The white Evo8 is owned by a local Evo tuner, and makes over 500whp. This is on street tires, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gGPsom-800

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFwlWaEuKnc
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

What were your lap times?
    Was this shot on super 8mm and converted to video?

It was shot using the GoPro Motorsports camera. The quality was screwed when uploading to Youtube. Looks much better on my copy.

This was a MSR "Driver's School" setup for Dallasimports.net, and this was the "faster" group. Alot of the people (red Civic Si, Ford Probe) had NEVER been on a road course before. They only got 2 lead-follows, and then were unleashed. The Probe went off 3 or 4 times, cause "I didn't have any brakes the whole session", yet he still stayed out!!

"The Stig" was driving, and we didn't have a transponder. Had a friend who was using a stop watch from the balcony, and he said it was 1:24-1:26 lap times.

This was on my street tires, too...unshaved RA1 235-40-17.

Oh, and no harness in the Miata, so it was a SERIOUS ab workout for the Stig!
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

Your impressions of the Go Pro camera? Quality? Ruggedness? Are you using a suction mount on a flat surface or a clamp mount on the rollbar?
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

The video was good, except for the crackling noise, which I had never had happen before. Still don't know what is was. The upload to Youtube ruined the quality. I used a permanent mount on the dash.
    Last edited by ray_sir_6; 10-22-2008 at 03:01 PM.