Thread: SM2

Default SM2

Who and what cars run in SM2 here in this area?

You thinking about buying an SM2 car?

Clovis does with his lightly modified S2000. I assume TurboDuane will also be back next season with his new turbo Miata. RX7gslse has mentioned going there next season, and Christin and Aaron from ATS came out once or twice with their FMII '99 last season.

Occasionally Dan comes up from Austin and kicks everyone's ass.

BTW Bean - to be legal for SM2 you've got to have carpet.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Off topic (since it's not local), but a friend of mine back in FL took 2nd place at nationals in SM2 with a Kenne Bell supercharged 99 Miata. His name is Ian. It was always fun to see that car stomping on Z06s locally.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Mr. Stewart is quite a driver. I understand he's in STU this season?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

There is a black Corvette driven by George L. that usually places highly, but [without trying to be rude] I don't think the competition is too strong in the class (when Clovis is not running). General Default ran a Miata in SM2 class at one event last year and whipped the tar out of everyone. George L. was very upset... and then he learned that he had just been spanked by a Miata...
    "That which does not kill us, just makes us madder"
    Cletus Nietzsche (Friedrich's half-brother on his sister's side)

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Mr. Stewart is quite a driver. I understand he's in STU this season?
    Correct, Ian is driving a red 95 M3 in STU this year, but co-drove a Porsche GT3 at the ATL tour event at the beginning of this month.

He drove my M3 a few times when he was deciding if he was going to STU and wow, he can really drive. Back in FL at the MSCC event we used to goto I don't think there was a single car I saw him get into and not beat that person in their own car.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

Yeah, I'll be running SM2 for awhile this year... However, I'm not going to be nearly compeditive.. I'm just out to play around.

Once the 7 is back up & running I'll be back home in CSP again.

Looks like SM2 has a few cars in it this time. I don't reconize everyone running, but I do see a few familar names. (mostly MR2 owners)

I don't see Gabby registered.. is he sitting this one out? Or porsche TT?

-B

Probably going to play with the p-cars again. I think Gabby has dialed back his SCCA participation this season.

Should be an interesting event. I'm still suprised that very few of the Southwest Division "out-of-towners" have signed up for this one.
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by altiain
    Probably going to play with the p-cars again. I think Gabby has dialed back his SCCA participation this season.

Should be an interesting event. I'm still suprised that very few of the Southwest Division "out-of-towners" have signed up for this one.

i'm suprised also. It's actually the main reason that I'm not doing the porsche event. I'd like to see how much work I need. I hope someone with a fast SM2 car shows up late.