Thread: Fruitfull Weekend-- Speaker Edition

Default Fruitfull Weekend-- Speaker Edition

Well, finally got around the replacing the speakers in the miata. They were so bad, they made a High school gym PA system sound good. I bought a set of infinity reference 6022si co-axial speakers to put in. I've had good luck with the reference series in the past, and have liked the sound quality for the price. These ran me $65 shipped new from an EBay vendor. So i started in on pulling the door panels and immediatly saw why the old speakers sounded like crap....

Lends new meaning to Rotten speakers. 15 minutes later new holes are drilled and voila--

I can actually hear music now... even with the top down going 60. I'm a happy camper.

I also managed to get the NB wind blocker I acquired installed. I kept getting outbid on black ones, so I picked up a tan one for $1+$13 shipping, and painted it using the duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint..... It came out great in my opinion....

I even managed to crawl under the car and "pull" the baby teeth. The front end looks alot cleaner now in my opinion.

When I was finished, I was forced to drive the miata back from my parent's because as I went to leave I noticed the front drivers tire was completely flat on the lancer. Oh well....guess I'll have to drive the Miata longer

Blog Entries

Cool. I haven't forgotten about your radiator cowl cover thingee. I just haven't got a roundtoit yet.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Quote Originally Posted by creek View Post
    Cool. I haven't forgotten about your radiator cowl cover thingee. I just haven't got a roundtoit yet.

No rush at all, although I have to admit I'm looking forward to it, the pictures of yours looked really clean. I'm currently reworking my overhead maplights. Decided to install LED's in there... I found them in the garage when I was looking for crimps for the speakers :)