Thread: WTB: Dipstick for 1990 Miata

Default WTB: Dipstick for 1990 Miata

I broke the handle on my dipstick and need another one. Does anyone have a freebie or TCB deal?

THANKS!!
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD
    2006 Red NC - GT with limited slip, HIDs, all OEM.

HAH!

You'll have to buy a new one. Besides... any used one you find will be on borrowed time anyway. They all break.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Just got the moss motors catalog today. They have a replacement chrome handle for your dipstick for probably little more than what a new one would cost from Mazda.

PDF version of the catalog --> http://www.miatamania.com/SiteGraphi.../MIAF-0811.pdf

Hancock Mazda wants almost $16, and Trussville Mazda was about $20.00 including shipping.

Anybody had any luck making a new handle for the broken one?
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    Just got the moss motors catalog today. They have a replacement chrome handle for your dipstick for probably little more than what a new one would cost from Mazda.

PDF version of the catalog --> http://www.miatamania.com/SiteGraphi.../MIAF-0811.pdf
    Saw that in the mailer I got today. Seems like a good way to burn your hand when checking the oil. The plastic one can get pretty hot. I can't imagine a metal one. Same goes for a billet oil cap.

I'd just spring for a new one from the dealer. In fact, that's what I did when mine broke. Look at it this way, how long did the last one last. $20 for another 10+ years seems reasonable to me.

Make sure you specify 1.6. The 1.8 is different.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

I had to get a new one right after I got my car a couple years ago. Find your best price, then go talk to Brian at Town North. He's matched just about any price I've brought in (no ad needed, just a legit reasonable price). As an added bonus, you won't have to pay any shipping. It's good to know your local parts guy.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I like the look of the replacement aluminum handles on line, but they have got to be hotter than hell when checking the oil with a warm engine. My Voodoo shift knob gets pretty hot just being in the sun. I will probably just order one from Hancock Mazda since they are on my way home from work (and open Saturdays).
    1990 White NA - SOLD
    1994 Black NA - SOLD

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

save your money and just deal with having a little stub to grab when you need to check your oil, most of us just do it that way, plastic will brake again and metal is to hot and cost more

For the ladies in the house:

save your money and just deal with having a little stub to grab when you need to check your oil, most of us just do it that way, plastic will brake again and metal is to hot and cost more
    Some people prefer a more finished-out look under the hood than the little yellow nubbin. (Says the guy with a little yellow nubbin.)

keep the new ones away from from me! ill say no more...

Prefers his T-Bones Deboned... jeff_man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    For the ladies in the house:

Some people prefer a more finished-out look under the hood than the little yellow nubbin. (Says the guy with a little yellow nubbin.)

lol sorry the new supercharger pulls your eys away from my little nubbin

Mine was replaced with an Oil IV for the Turbo.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant