Thread: 2006 Accord transmission issue

Default 2006 Accord transmission issue

Our transmission in the '06 Accord with about 33k miles, is acting up It's still under an extended warranty so I guess we will be without it for a while.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Lemme guess - automatic? I've had bad luck so far with auto Hondas - '98 Prelude, new tranny, ~28k miiles. '00 Accord, new transmission, 78k miles. '05 CR-V, transfer case acted up, 30k miles.

At 33k miles it should still be under the original factory warranty. Get it to your dealer and let them deal with it.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Yep, Auto behind a I-4 engine. I've got an appointment for Thursday AM, I'm going to have to get a rental though, our commutes are too far in opposite directions to get by with only one car.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

sigh, They kept the car for a day, and of course it didn't act up! As a matter of fact it didn't act up when I was driving it to the dealer. So I had them service the transmission (read: drain and fill at $70) and to note the issue, since the car has 35,7xx miles on it. The wife was pissed that I had the "service" done at the dealer instead of doing it myself. I told her that I wanted it done at the dealer, so they have record of the service and there won't be any questions about it when the tranny decides to go ahead and fail. My thinking is that paying $70.00 today beats paying $2500 tomorrow.

So now I wait and see if the problem persist

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Lemme guess - automatic? I've had bad luck so far with auto Hondas - '98 Prelude, new tranny, ~28k miiles. '00 Accord, new transmission, 78k miles. '05 CR-V, transfer case acted up, 30k miles.

At 33k miles it should still be under the original factory warranty. Get it to your dealer and let them deal with it.
    It seems like you're just hard on trannys in general...
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    It seems like you're just hard on trannys in general...
    You should see him in Thailand!

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    You should see him in Thailand!
    lol

I guess you could say that, but this tranny is my wifes!