Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Miata Owner and Fan

Default New Miata Owner and Fan

Hello everyone. I just purchased a used 01' Miata MX5 and was very happy to find this group. I am currently in a 3rd Gen Camaro and Firebird car club so I was hoping I would find one for my Miata.

I have noticed you guys do way more then the 3rd Gen club does and I am excited to come and hang out with you guys. I know there are a few things I would like to do to my Miata after I save up some money to put into it. I look forward to meeting all of you in the near future.

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Congrats on the Miata and welcome!

welcome
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Thanks. So just wondering when and where abouts do you all usually meet?

Blog Entries

A few of the Eastsiders get together on Wednesday night in the Plano, N.Dallas, Lewisville area. The location moves around on whim so check the events thread on Wednesday to see what the consensus is.

We have a lot of autocrossers here that try to make every weekend event. They don't start back up until Spring, just keep an eye on the Calendar section.
    Stripe Das Sape

We are leading the world to democracy by example.

Welcome! Keep an eye on the event sections, as well as the open track and autocross forums. You'll find a group of us having a beer somewhere in the Plano area every Wednesday night. The westsiders get together occasionally as well, but they're a weird bunch.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome. You will enjoy your Miata.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Welcome to the MIATA world.
    Bobby

RED RULES!
    90 Miata, 04 Rubicon, 05 Boxster

Thanks again and I will keep an eye out on the Wednesday night get togethers. I may not be able to make all of them, and I don't drink but I would enjoy making as many of them as I can just to hang out with you guys and get some ideas for my Miata as well as just bsing. Ohhh what do you guys count as westside and eastside group?

West side is the Fort Worth guys, East side is the Plano people. Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    West side is the Fort Worth guys, East side is the Plano people. Welcome.

Well then I must be a central person LOL Thanks for the info. Now one more question well maybe not but one more for now. This road racing stuff you guys do, well some of you do. It sounds like fun, what all do you have to have done to your car to do this, and what type of safety equipment do you have to have? I ask this so I can try to get stuff together between now and when it all starts up again so I might be able to join in.

Talking

FYI - Neither group claims the kids from Arlington since the Arlington kids are a special group!

Welcome to this!

Welcome!

Most track events require a roll bar and Snell 2000 approved helmet. Car must also pass tech which usually means fresh pads and fluids and good rubber.

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Welcome!

Most track events require a roll bar and Snell 2000 approved helmet. Car must also pass tech which usually means fresh pads and fluids and good rubber.
    Oh, what does a roll bar for the miata go for and how hard is it to install? Any ideas on a good place to get one? I ask how much do to the fact that I do a christmas light show in my front yard every year this year being the first year the lights are animated to music and money is a little tight right now and will be somewhat that way most of 09.

So how often do you guys do these track events like are they monthly every few months and you replace pads before every event and change the fluids before every event? As I said tring to get as much info I can so I can hopefully come and have some fun with you guys when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    FYI - Neither group claims the kids from Arlington since the Arlington kids are a special group!
    Hey, now.

Welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by amdman View Post
    Oh, what does a roll bar for the miata go for and how hard is it to install? Any ideas on a good place to get one? I ask how much do to the fact that I do a christmas light show in my front yard every year this year being the first year the lights are animated to music and money is a little tight right now and will be somewhat that way most of 09.

So how often do you guys do these track events like are they monthly every few months and you replace pads before every event and change the fluids before every event? As I said tring to get as much info I can so I can hopefully come and have some fun with you guys when the time comes.
    Check out trackdogracing.com
    Speed

––––––––––––––––?? ?––––––––––––––––? ??––––
    Don't look...there's nothing down here for you!

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Welcome to this!
    We are special and it is a good thing. You are in the best company in Arlington

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post
    Welcome!

Many of us don't do track days as often as we autocross or do time trials. I'd start with autocross if you don't have eleventy billion dollars
    You can enter an autocross with your car right now - assuming it is in good mechanical shape. You don't have to have a roll bar and you can use a loaner helmet until you decide to buy your own. The AX season just ended and will crank back up in March for most clubs. SCCA, EquipeRapide, Honda, Porche, and BMW all welcome Miata drivers.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    Welcome!
    Many of us don't do track days as often as we autocross or do time trials. I'd start with autocross if you don't have eleventy billion dollars
    You can enter an autocross with your car right now - assuming it is in good mechanical shape. You don't have to have a roll bar and you can use a loaner helmet until you decide to buy your own. The AX season just ended and will crank back up in March for most clubs. SCCA, EquipeRapide, Honda, Porche, and BMW all welcome Miata drivers.

See here is where it shows how much a noob I am LOL what is the differance between autocross and Track days? I don't mind staying in autocross and time trials just want to ensure I will enjoy it and have good company. Was thinking of having a little bit of fun at Kennedale as well so you can see I am pretty open to almost anything as long as it is in good company.

Quote Originally Posted by amdman View Post
    See here is where it shows how much a noob I am LOL what is the difference between autocross and Track days? I don't mind staying in autocross and time trials just want to ensure I will enjoy it and have good company. Was thinking of having a little bit of fun at Kennedale as well so you can see I am pretty open to almost anything as long as it is in good company.
    I thought you said you were part of the Camaro / Firebird group, did they just polish fenders in the garage or did they ever take the cars outside??

Good folks around these parts just show up to something and see! Just watch out for the Arlington kids!

Good stuff on Autocross - http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=1626

I don't think any of our track guys have done a similar writeup (yet).

As I said they don't do half of what I thought they would. There were a couple of us that tried to get the group to come to Kennedale to support one of the club members that was braket racing there and we were lucky to maybe get one or two other club members to show up.

This is one of the things I have read here that you guys actually do, and that is show up and support each other and even race together.

I know all about braket racing on the Kennedale drag strip, but this other stuff I have no clue on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast