Thread: New to the site

Default New to the site

Hi,
    New to the forum here. Wanted to say thank you to the gentleman that introduced me to this site. Unfortunately I can t remember his name.
    I currently own a 2004 Mazdaspeed Mx5, mostly stock except wheels and exhaust. Velocity red. Been involved with racing mostly for the last few years but started out in autocrossing in the early 80s racing various cars.
    Iam a long time of Mazda cars and have had several over the years.
    See my profile for the current racecar.
    The MSM will probably do duty as a track car for instruction.
    I willl be picking on you guys as I learn to deal with fuel injection on the MSM. I ve always dealt with carbs. Thanx again for the invite.

Welcome!

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Welcome aboard. Hope to see you at an AX event soon!

Welcome. I am new myself. Looks like I will someone else to learn more about my Miata from.

Welcome.....see Flyin Miata or BEGi for go fast parts for the MX5 Speed.

Orange cones fear me. cone-cerned's Avatar

Welcome to the forums. Come give autocross another try.
    On the track, I am fearless.
    If you were as slow as me, you wouldn't be afraid either.

1994 M Edition
    CSP 67

Welcome to the board! Looks like a Spec Racer Ford in your profile - how long have you been driving in that class and how do you like it?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    Welcome to the board! Looks like a Spec Racer Ford in your profile - how long have you been driving in that class and how do you like it?
    Thank you for the replies.

Actually its not a Spec Racer Ford. Its a Swift DB2 running in Sports 2000. Less weight more downforce and slicks. It runs about 6 seconds a lap faster than the spec racers. I ve been running it as a driver since 2000. I ve been prepping it and several others since 1990. I raced Formula Fords in the 80s. The Swift is a great car to drive. We have been doing development work on the aero with it (always room to improve) with a goal of getting more downforce out of it. At the runoffs this year was getting beat in the corners but was one of the faster cars down the straights. Ended up finishing 8th
    I plan to get back into autocrossing at some point this year. The last couple I went to watch it looks like the format has changed somewhat. Still trying to decide whether to run the MSM in stock or do some mods and move into one of the prep classes.

Talk to Magma about his MSM. Take a ride in it and see what you think of the mods he has done.

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Welcome, my advice on the MSM is that unless you want to run full standalone engine management, upgrade, but leave the fuel alone. I have tried a few options that caused only headaches. You are welcome to check out my profile for a list of my mods, or meet me at a GTG for a ride.
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Thank you everyone.
    I ve always been a big supporter of autocrossing in this area and look forward to trying my hand at it again.

Magma I sent you a message (I think), I d like to see what youve done on your car.

Are there any kind of get togethers or tech sessions?

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftracing View Post
    Thank you everyone.
    I ve always been a big supporter of autocrossing in this area and look forward to trying my hand at it again.

Magma I sent you a message (I think), I d like to see what youve done on your car.

Are there any kind of get togethers or tech sessions?
    Watch for Eastside GTGs to be posted. They normally do it every Wed night in your area (Plano)

The cool kids on the Westside have lives and don't need the social interaction as often
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Welcome!
    "Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague longing for something salty" - Peter Egan

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by onething View Post
    The cool kids on the Westside have lives and don't need the social interaction as often
    That and we are a more 'mature' group. Typically busy chasing the Eastsiders off of our lawns!