Thread: Fender rolling on a 99 Sport

Default Fender rolling on a 99 Sport

Does anyone have experience rolling the fenders on a NB that has been lowered ? I am looking at one of the rental tools. I have input from a friend that the tool was to long for his NA.

I have a set of 225/50 RS-2's that are rubbing without modifications to the fender lip.

I've rolled fenders on many vw's...and I'm in austin to watch and provide oversight. Just make sure you have a hair dryer to warm the paint before rolling (heat gun in this weather). You might be able to get a sheet metal hammer and roll the innner shit in if that's hitting.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

My nb isn't lowered yet but i did roll the rear fenders. I am running 215/45/16 Azeni's. I used the tool from http://www.rollyourfender.com/ no affiliation etc. The main thing is to use the heat gun or else the paint will crack. I also did my friend's bmw 3xx which was a royal pain thanks to the dense bmw fenders.

Quote Originally Posted by aalvarez04 View Post
    My nb isn't lowered yet but i did roll the rear fenders. I am running 215/45/16 Azeni's. I used the tool from http://www.rollyourfender.com/ no affiliation etc. The main thing is to use the heat gun or else the paint will crack. I also did my friend's bmw 3xx which was a royal pain thanks to the dense bmw fenders.
    Maybe you can charge this guy to provide your service, then pay Chris Fain for the hood repair with the proceeds...lol.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Thanks for the input.