Thread: Texas Region High Performance Car Control Clinic

Default Texas Region High Performance Car Control Clinic

I just got the following e-mail figured I'd post it up!
    So you want to drive on a race track but don't have a race car? Then we have just the event for you: The Texas Region High Performance Car Control Clinic.

HPCCCs are designed to provide the opportunity for participants to learn the basic principles and skills of performance car driving from experienced instructors in a non-competitive environment. The event starts with a classroom session for first-time participants, with presentations on high-speed driving techniques, car control, where passing is allowed, safety and the meaning of the flags. Then it's onto the track with an instructor for the first session or two. Speeds are limited to 85 mph, so don't try to set a lap record in your first session. When your instructor is satisfied that you aren't a hazard to yourself or the other participants, you will be let loose on your own.

Where? Texas Motor Speedway

When?
    Saturday, December 4, 2004

How much?
    Just $95

For complete event information, a schedule, and an entry form, just click HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by Treibenschnell
    What do they consider a high performance car to be?
    I think the car needs to be running. :P

I'm sure it'd be a great learning experience for some, but that track is just an slanted hour glass shape, and isn't extremely technical. Still seat time is seat time

May be fun to drive out and see what cars show up!
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I would say the 95 bucks would be worth it for seat time alone. Sure, you have to put up with an instructor in the car for a few laps, but when he's comfy with your ability, the 85mph speed limit goes away, and you can drive it as fast as your car will take you...I'm betting it would be fun, and if Iweren't working another driving event this weekend, I would be there!
    OzCop
    MSM
    "It's never too late to have a happy childhood!"

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

Beats the $200 I paid a couple of years ago for the same thing

If I weren't seeking a home this weekend, I'd be there.
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region

Unfortunately,

The TMS infield is one of the more dangerous layouts in the area. I would wait for a event at Texas World Speedway or Texas motorsport ranch.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Dangerous? Why? It's a very simple track with plenty of runoff, and speeds are relaitvely slow. It's much more dangerous if they use the ROval. There's a rough bump entering NASCAR 2, the transition from the apron to the banking upsets the cars significantly, and the transition from the back straight to the infield requires a bunch of braking, downshifting, and turning (from 120 down to maybe 50 in Spec Miata - never had time to look!). Actually, it is a hoot if you know what you're doing :)
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'