Thread: Im ordering my clucth and lightweight flywheel one last question

Default Im ordering my clucth and lightweight flywheel one last question

Im ordering my clutch and lightweight flywheel one last question. I have a 1.6 and im planning on buying a 1.8 lightweight flywheel with an 1.8 OEM exedy clutch kit. I just wanna know if it is actually worth getting the 1.8 stuff over the 1.6 before i order it. Also this is a direct fit with no modification correct?
    Thanks guys
    http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m...6/hjgl-1-1.jpg
    MONSTER TRUCK! ready to be dropped....

Quote Originally Posted by moosemonkey View Post
    Im ordering my clutch and lightweight flywheel one last question. I have a 1.6 and im planning on buying a 1.8 lightweight flywheel with an 1.8 OEM exedy clutch kit. I just wanna know if it is actually worth getting the 1.8 stuff over the 1.6 before i order it. Also this is a direct fit with no modification correct?
    Thanks guys
    Why are you planning on buying a 1.8 clutch and flywheel? Why specifically Exedy? The 1.6 clutch and flywheel are lighter and are the OEM parts on your car.
    Are you planning on boosting your car one day or keeping it naturally aspirated?

You should consider buying a clutch that can support some power, regardless of whether or not you go boosted.

I'm running a 1.6 clutch and flywheel in my '94. If I ever decide to boost my car than I have more than enough torque capacity with my setup.