Thread: Heads up, Galaxy Drive in cruise

Default Heads up, Galaxy Drive in cruise

Last time I didn't give a fair heads up on the exotic meet so this time around I'mletting you all know in advance. I noticed you guys to go galaxy every now and then. Well I organize the same deal over at dfwmazdas. We normally would meet up on a saturday at 75 and Spring valley and cruise down 75/I-45. However I'm looking to switch it up a bit and make it a longer cruise though some back roads for added fun and I would like to extend the envitation for you guys to join as well.

So far there is no official date since I'm currently planing it out. It will be on a saturday with good weather, we would meet at 75 and Spring valley at the old skoots parking lot (infront of bone daddy's) some time around 3-4 so we can hit the roads during daylight and be able to drive confidently knowing what's up ahead. Due to this we'll arrive early, get good spots and even get to play some mini-golf before the movie.

So far my route is aprox 120 miles and I plan on checking it out myself before making it official but so far it seem suits the criteria of good condition, a good amount of bends and of course in isolated areas where traffic and population should be minimum so we can have fun and avoid trouble.

Here is the map. Once I have a set date I'll post in the events & drives section. Post up if your interested.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,2.114868&z=10

-Will
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Chassis Designer

Sounds like fun. All depends on when it is schedual for me to know if I will go or not. I know for sure I wont be in my Miata since it is completely stripped down for cage and paint right now. I may be in a DSM instead.

Keep us posted - sounds like fun!
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

I'll go as long as BR goes with his GPS in case we get lost again...and if the weather is not below 75. Not that much fun doubled up in the Miata running the heat every 30 minutes...I'm a little claustrophobic.

Chassis Designer

Quote Originally Posted by cArAzzIE View Post

I'll go as long as BR goes with his GPS in case we get lost again...and if the weather is not below 75. Not that much fun doubled up in the Miata running the heat every 30 minutes...I'm a little claustrophobic.
    And you bought a Miata?

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Tyme View Post
    And you bought a Miata?
    Yes. I know. Doesn't make a lot of sense. But there is a difference between being confined in a small space with somebody else who's fallen asleep for several hours watching a movie you don't care anything about freezing your toes off - than driving with the top down on a track or on winding roads - even if you have the heat or AC blasting...

I really have a hard time with helmets - so makes it hard to do track or autocross, although I managed okay at Hallet.

What can I say? It was a boring film.

lol. I'm glad there is some interest. Weather is too poor this week and Im spending this weekend on working on the car so hopefully if weather isnt bad I'll be checkin the roads next week to make the route official or make any changes to fix it. Once that's said and done the date will be based on the movies and weather and of course with enough time so people know.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Update: There might be some major changes. A buddy is gonna try and make another route. The meeting point would be mansfield since we already know some roads in that direction. The cruise would be reduced to about 80 miles of all back roads instead of 120, which a good 30 of them are just boring highways. I'll keep you guys posted.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post

What can I say? It was a boring film.
    Not to mention disturbing...threatening a baby with a hot iron made my stomach churn...