Thread: Repeal of Front License Plate Law

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Thumbs up Repeal of Front License Plate Law

It's back again.......

This Act takes effect September 1, 2009.

LINKIE

Thumbs up

Sweeeeeeeeeet, just 8 more months till only one plate.
    Hmm what is decent? Are we talking about your decent or my decent? I'm just curious because I don't want to offend anyone else's decent...

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by Ataim View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeeet, just 8 more months till only one plate.
    It hasn't passed yet. If it does, that will be the date.

Anynews when it will actually be voted on?

I'm not going to get excited to see my hopes dashed yet again.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

It may have a better chance this year. The usually argument for is the cost savings to the state. Cost savings is a big issue now that we are in a recession.

I bet it will fail yet again...

A lot of law enforcement $$$ has been spent on ALRP systems that read the plate then notify the officer if there is need to stop someone. Two plates give the system more to see....

Exclamation Call your state congressional people!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    It's back again.......

This Act takes effect September 1, 2009.

LINKIE
    Pass the link to all Texas miata forums, as well as other sports car forums in Texas and request that everyone call, fax or email their state congress people. If we do that, then the legislature will utimately follow the will of the people (at least in theory). We could have thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people touch base with these folks.

Can an administrator pass an email to all members?
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

A lot of law enforcement $$$ has been spent on ALRP systems that read the plate then notify the officer if there is need to stop someone. Two plates give the system more to see....
    Great. Next thing they'll have SCMODS.

As for the plates, I think I'll hold my breath. Holding.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post

Here's hoping the Cost Savings win out.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

If you feel strongly about it, you can find out who your state representatives are HERE.

Most of the representatives have links where you can send them an e-mail expressing your views.
    --
    Dave
    "Opinions are like ..."

Quote Originally Posted by jrj512 View Post
    Great. Next thing they'll have SCMODS.
    What's SCMODS?

Quote Originally Posted by Darron65 View Post
    What's SCMODS?
    State-County-Municipal-Offender-Data-System.

Watch the Blues Brothers movie much?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave04 View Post
    If you feel strongly about it, you can find out who your state representatives are HERE.

Most of the representatives have links where you can send them an e-mail expressing your views.
    Thanks and Done!!! Who else is with me?the front license plate

Driver
    Blog Entries

I could be wrong, since I'm going off of overheard stuff, and I hope someone in Law Enforcement corrects me.

That said, I had heard that the laser guns that measure speed have trouble with some colors of paint, and for that reason, the operators are trained to aim at the front plate. If that is true, I doubt the state would be willing to give up revenue from laser speed enforcement to save on plate manufacturing costs.
    Mike Walsted - Not an expert, just a data point.
    1999 Miata
    2003 MIata
    1999 Miata
    2001 Kia Rio

Quote Originally Posted by Walsted View Post
    I could be wrong, since I'm going off of overheard stuff, and I hope someone in Law Enforcement corrects me.

That said, I had heard that the laser guns that measure speed have trouble with some colors of paint, and for that reason, the operators are trained to aim at the front plate. If that is true, I doubt the state would be willing to give up revenue from laser speed enforcement to save on plate manufacturing costs.
    I think the plate is just the best front target. The rest of the car will give a reading, but having something big contrasting and very reflective makes it easier.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Walsted View Post

Yeah, back in the day when laser guns were new. Lets hope this passes this time!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Quote Originally Posted by icepenguin66 View Post
    Yeah, back in the day when laser guns were new. Lets hope this passes this time!
    It will only pass if your congressional leaders HEAR YOU!!!!!!!!