Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R pack on craigslist

Default R pack on craigslist

There is an r pack on craigslist:
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1029786903.html

I'm 99% certain it is this car. The new buyer is reselling it which is fine. Butthey are either lying about the mileage or there was a typo:
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=13690

Due to the mileage I think we should all hit spam on the craigslist ad.

no my fault i bought the car! but have to sale! got to get a place to live. i think the gauges are weird cus it says on the cluster like 87k miles. the title says exempt but idk. im only asking 3800 but will sale for reasonable offer. i put 2000 seats in it an few other things since i got it. just gotta goo

It does not matter what the cluster says. You know the actual mileage is closer to 186k, so advertising it as 86k is deceptive. If you do not disclose the actual mileage and someone buys it they can sue you for the difference in value.

Don't be a scammer. Post the real mileage.

i changed the add and said NOTE: NOT SURE IF ACTUAL MILEAGE. the gauge cluster reads 87735 so im not scamming. its what the car says. thank you for letting me know the problem. not being a smart ass being serious lol thank you

This posting has been flagged for removal

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Hahahaha!

For the record the car does have 187,XXX miles. At least it did in January. When I sold it, the odometer read very clearly. I figured the guy liked the car when he bought it. Oh well.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Quote Originally Posted by motoracer View Post
    i changed the add and said NOTE: NOT SURE IF ACTUAL MILEAGE. the gauge cluster reads 87735 so im not scamming. its what the car says. thank you for letting me know the problem. not being a smart ass being serious lol thank you
    Please grow up. You reposted the ad with what we both know to be bogus info. Post the actual miles, and I'm sure your ad (currently http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1030719111.html) might stand a chance.
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane View Post
    This posting has been flagged for removal

(The title on the listings page will be removed in just a few minutes.)
    It's back...
    http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1030719111.html

1994 miata 5spd black on black HAS THE R PACKAGE!!! NOTE: do not know if the miles are actual. runs and drives like it does and gauges read 87k miles clean texas title! in a bind have to sale. runs and drives just fine. will have better pics later. needs a few things. but hey at this price!! $3500 obo

PLEASE DO NOT FLAG MY ADD. IM NOT HOLDING ANYTHING BACK OR LYING ABOUT ANYTHING. IF YOU DO NOT BELIEVE ME COME LOOK AT IT YOURSELF. THANK YOU
    Sorry... You do know for sure that the miles are not actual, so yes, you are lying.

Moto - you know the car had ~187k miles on it when you bought it. Even if the gauges say exactly 100k less than that (coincidence?) your craigslist ad should say "Had 187k miles on it when I bought it. Odometer is currently off." or something to that effect. If you don't disclose that you know the rough mileage of the car, you're lying. Besides - anyone can get a CarFax report and see the mileage on the last inspection...which will be a lot higher than what you're advertising now.

Most of us here probably browse dallas craigslist daily for Miata stuff. So we'll see it when you get it right :)

Quote Originally Posted by mk2tmr2 View Post
    Moto - you know the car had ~187k miles on it when you bought it. Even if the gauges say exactly 100k less than that (coincidence?) :)

Another coincidence?
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showthread.php?t=13759

Team Cheap Bastard
    President & Founder

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Nice detective work. It would appear the odometer may have been tampered with. I think that's a felony.

first off! i havent touched the fuckin gauges! the bezel has been broke since i bought the car!!!! it was broken into before i bought it! please stop ok! i changed the add again! o and another thing i would never do that shit cus i dont wanna go to jail!!!!

Yea guys the guy was definitely shady and misleading people whether he thinks so or not but he's probably not a one man mileage changing car racketeer, he was probably just looking to capitalize on the mileage discrepancy that fell into his lap.

I'm kinda pissed though because I really liked that car and was like 1 day too late from giving it a loving home, cause it had very desirable mods and package and was at a good price but instead it goes to this guy for a week before trying a pretty shady flip on a fine car.
    John O.
    94R

Nowhere to be found on Craigslist now.

Quote Originally Posted by sammm View Post
    Nice detective work. It would appear the odometer may have been tampered with. I think that's a felony.
    Naw. The gauge hood was broken when I bought it 2+ years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    Yea guys the guy was definitely shady and misleading people whether he thinks so or not but he's probably not a one man mileage changing car racketeer, he was probably just looking to capitalize on the mileage discrepancy that fell into his lap.

I'm kinda pissed though because I really liked that car and was like 1 day too late from giving it a loving home, cause it had very desirable mods and package and was at a good price but instead it goes to this guy for a week before trying a pretty shady flip on a fine car.
    Give him a PM. Offer him a low price for a quick sale. Bring it to a Wednesday night meet when I am there, or PM me when you test drive it. I'll give it a look-over and see if it has been changed, ruined, stripped, etc. I'll repeat that the odometer worked just fine when I sold it 1 MONTH ago. They usually just stop when they break. I doubt it reads 100k different from then. PM me anyway if you want any info about the car.
    1994 R-package - gone, but not forgotten.
    1966 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40. Restification in progress. or should I say De-RUSTification in progress?
    1984 Honda VF1100S. V4 Fury!

Damn... Someone should've called the FBI on that one. Set him up and take him down for such an obvious felony.

Makes me wonder if he used the Miata to go collect the overages on payments made by his friends from Nigera.
    Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cam76034 View Post
    Wow. Nothing like leaving a paper trail.

The following is some Federal Law odometer information: (Title 49, Chapter 327 - Odometers)

Sec. 32709 Penalties and Enforcement
    1. Civil Penalty of not more than $2,000 for each violation. The maximum penalty under this subsection for a related series of violations is $100,000.00.
    2. Criminal Penalty: A person that knowingly and willfully violates this chapter or a regulation prescribed or order issued under this chapter shall be fined under Title 18; imprisoned for not more than 3 years.

Sec. 32710 Civil Actions by Private Persons
    1. Violation and amount of damages - A person that violates this chapter or a regulation prescribed or order issued under this chapter, with the intent to defraud, is liable for 3 times the actual damages or $1,500.00, whichever is greater.
    2. Civil Actions: A person may bring a civil action to enforce a claim under this section in an appropriate United States district court or in another court of competent jurisdiction. This action must be brought no later than 2 years after the claim accrues. The court shall award cost and a reasonable attorney's fee to the person when a judgment is entered for that person.

EDIT: I posted this before reading that the gauge hood was broken when he bought the car. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since the seller verified, but this is still good information so I didn't delete it.

I love motoracer's new title!

Kudos to the sharp eyes on this forum for catching the frau... erm, the discrepancy.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/1031193490.html

looks like peer pressure may work...
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    It's down again. lol
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast