Thread: Any interest in a COMMA event this year?

Default Any interest in a COMMA event this year?

So I've been itching to get back up to Hallett this year, since it's been awhile. Looking at the COMMA website, I think I'm going to plan on going up there for either the 5/23 or 6/20 events this year.

Anyone else interested?
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Driver

My wife has family 40 minutes from Hallet, so I've been thinking about heading up one weekend. Wife gets family time and I get track time :)

How do the COMMA weekends normally work? They seem reasonably priced. I've heard the track is pretty good, but a bit 'rustic' (like ECR in that regard).

Hallett is a blast. Definitely one of the most entertaining tracks to drive within a day's drive of DFW. It's about 45 minutes from anywhere, so trackside amenities are a little lacking compared to somewhere like MSR. Still, it's definitely worth making the drive.

I've never runa COMMA event (I've been up for several track days sponsored by various car clubs), so I'm not 100% sure how it works. I know there are a few guys on this board who frequent the COMMA events - hopefully they'll chime in.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Isn't the 5/23 Miataworld weekend? Aren't you going to MSR that Friday for TDR?

I'm interested in the June one maybe. I'm doing TDR at MSR in May though.

I'd love to get a Hallet run in before September. The June weekend looks pretty good - and hopefully it won't be too damn hot up there yet.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Hallett is great! I've done COMMA HST back in '07. mr brg needs to chime in, too.

Cheap as shit. One year membership fee of $35, last I checked. five 15 minute sessions for $95. You get to watch races all day, too. I would be down for going in june. It won't be real hot, then, plus I'll have 15x9 6ul's to test out.

Good call, Nails. I will be at MSR that Friday. Sounds like June is the better choice.
    Iain

I think Gabkwong would want to go to this too.

Hells yeah! I'm a member at Hallett and love it! As Wag said it is very cheap, the people who run the track are very welcoming and laid back and the track is better than MSR...haven't been to Eagle's Canyone yet. Even with the drive its cheaper than being a member of the stuck up rich boy club MSR.

I race in their in house SM series so I should be going every month this year barred any nonsense that comes up. If anyone wants to join me and SNKSKNR feel free to tag along. I always stay at the grandma's place in Tulsa so always room for one or two extras. If you haven't been on a track before then you must join us sometime this year cause you missing out man!
    90 MX5 281k miles! - euro spec, Porsche Riviera Blue w/black hardtop, 97 motor swap, vintage Borbet rims, GC, FM shock hats/frame rails/rear sub-brace, AGX, sway bar, stb, Fidanza/ACT combo, EBC Yellows

92 COMMA SM - new paint coming soon...

Driver

The June date conflicts with an ER event @ Mineral Wells

The August COMMA date doesn't have a conflict, but, well, it'll be August and 10000* out.

I plan to compete in the NASA TT there in June...see you there, from the podium with bikini models and vintage vouve.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    I plan to compete in the NASA TT there in June...see you there, from the podium with bikini models and vintage vouve.
    What class will you be running in?
    Iain

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    bikini models
    In the middle of Oklahoma????? Scary.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Driver

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    In the middle of Oklahoma????? Scary.
    better than the central part... Norman specifically

Quote Originally Posted by altiain View Post
    What class will you be running in?
    probably in a class where I have no chance of leaving the track with any dignity. Turbo car, big brakes, big wheels and tires...probably one class under the unlimited guys.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!