Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Find me a helmet....

Default Find me a helmet....

CAUSE I"M GOING TO LAGUNA SECA!!!!!1!!

It's really starting to look like I might be able to go to Laguna Seca, I've even registered and everything. So now I need some help finding a helmet, I've read the other thread about "how much is your head worth" and mine is worth about $80 so if we can find a helmet that meets the LS requirements for somewhere around that price. I don't really care if it's open face or closed as long as they allow for good peripherial vision, though I think for this money I'm going to be looking at open.

w00t! post # 200
    John O.
    94R

Talking

Well caged wonder what are the helmet requirements for Laguna Seca???

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    I've read the other thread about "how much is your head worth" and mine is worth about $80...
    Now that's funny.

Mine is worth about the same. My would probably say that I'm over-valueing it.

What is the oldest Snell SA they will accept? I might be able to help you out as I had to update last season.......
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

www.ridegear.com usually has some deals. I'll try to find where I got mine this summer, it was about that price.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I got a pretty good deal up in Carrollton at Bates Motorcycle shop - an HJC open face, with a bag (more like a sock), for $100.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Helmets must be Snell SA95, M95, K98, SA2000, M2000, SA2005 or M2005 rated.
    Helmets must also be free of cracks and other visible damage.

Thanks for the suggestions guys and I would be interested if anyone has a used helmet that will work for me they want to sell, or maybe just wants to watch me try on one that is obviously too small, that's always fun too.

Ridegear is apparently uninterested in my business right now.

Caged wonder....
    John O.
    94R

I have an M95 you can use for the event.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpie View Post
    I have an M95 you can use for the event.
    Ditto... Not sure where you live, but if It is more easier to pick from me, you can borrow mine. I could also bring it out next Wed night.

I have a Bell SA2000 full face that I would probably part with for $80 (Size Large).
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

If you're head isn't quite as big as Tailchaser's, I have an SA2000 medium in excellent shape for $100.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Hey, thanks for all the offers guys. I think what I want to do is borrow one if I can find one that fits (not sure of the size of my head, but I know it ain't little) or if I could see Mervs and TCs at maybe next Wednesday I might buy one if one will fit and if I like it. Unless I really like them I think I'd be better off borrowing one in the short term and then buying a new one with the lastest SNELL rating when I see one at a good price, so I think I may check out the place that Rick said he got a decent deal on his if I can.

Last week at Keller's was "bring your dog night" this week it's "bring John a helmet night"
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    Last week at Keller's was "bring your dog night" this week it's "bring John a helmet night"
    Can I bring my dog, too?
    Maybe 4 wheels aren't so bad after all... wickett.org
    It only goes to show when people can no longer discriminate on the grounds of race, religion, or sexual orientation, they can improvise and still find someone to hate. - Dave Moulton

I'll think about it....

Awww what the hell DOGS AND HELMETS FOR EVERYONE!!!!
    John O.
    94R

Extra points for dogs wearing helmets? I will bring both of my helmets for you to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Extra points for dogs wearing helmets?
    Triple bonus points for a dog wearing doggles.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Thanks guys. Quadruple points (or Quad damage if you will) for doggies wearing monkeys, who are wearing a helmet and monkles, do they make googles for monkeys? Who am I kidding of course they do, what kind of world would I live in if there isn't already a booming market for monkey goggles.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 02-27-2009 at 11:26 PM.
    John O.
    94R

I had looked into getting doggles for bullet........ I thought they would look badass on him

So I searched Google Images for "monkles" and this was the first hit. How, exactly, would a monkey wear that?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

My only answer would have to be "very carefully, and preferably with the element of surprise"

Lookout Rick, you Sxk112 and I are all online and it's late and you just mentioned monkeys. Also I am the OP so I can chage the title to "Find me a monkey helmet" at a moments notice.
    John O.
    94R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast