Thread: Pedal covers/extensions

Default Pedal covers/extensions

I would like to be able to heel toe downshift for Laguna Seca and right now the only thing keeping me from being able to do that is the distance between the gas and brake pedal, apparently I'm 6'5'' and have narrow feet. I was looking at various pedal covers and extensions like the ones from Fying Miata fit for the miata and other generic fit ones. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with any type or brand of pedal extensions or knows of any that fit NAs. Also if anyone has even the foggiest idea of what the hell that FM gas pedal is supposed to look like installed or how it mounts to the existing pedal (is it a replacement or a cover) or why it has that cutout or anything, I am pretty much completely befuddled by that gas pedal. I already know not to get anything that just clips on or anything like that, but should I worry about locking hardware or would just using regular bolts be okay? Any other thoughts or suggestions are welcome, I'm also thinking about possibly heating the gas pedal and bending it over a little bit but I think I would prefer just buying extensions of some sort.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-02-2009 at 04:23 AM.
    John O.
    94R

Grab the gas pedal and pull it towards the brake pedal. It will bend, no need to heat it, that is all you need.

Don't waste your money on this other stuff.
    Thomas
    V-to-the-Dub

I would try what Miatamoto said and if your still having problems, they have a gas pedal extension for spec miatas for 30dollars or something around there or you could get the fm pedals. The fm pedal gas extension goes on behind the pedal and comes with locking hardware. You drill through the stock pedals to put them in.

cell phone pics with the sun directly at it of all the pedals.

Thank you very much aalvarez! I will try to bend mine and see if that works for me but I think I may just go with the FM pedal because I think that the gas pedal as is is too narrow, and those look better than I expected. You'd think with such a weird gas pedal design FM would have pictures of them installed to show people what they are supposed to look like, cause I had no idea.

My only concern is if the silver extension part of the gas is slick or textured because if it's slick it looks like if your foot caught only that part you'd just slip right off. Are you completely satisfied with the FM pedals?
    John O.
    94R

I like them a lot. The gas pedal is smooth but not slippery. Are you going to Keller's this Wednesday? I will be going so you could try them out there.

Yep, I'd love to check them out there thanks.
    John O.
    94R

can I have your stock, rubber pedal slippers? I've worn through mine.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!

If I get these then sure you have dibs, but they are wearing through on the sides so they aren't the best choice but might be better than your current ones.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-02-2009 at 06:41 PM.
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by mr brg View Post
    can I have your stock, rubber pedal slippers? I've worn through mine.
    I've got one decent pedal cover from Todd's parts car that I can throw into the mix... you coming out to Keller's Wednesday? If not, I'll give it to Wags or somebody to give to you. BTW, I think they're like $5/ea at the dealer...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

cool, thanks man. I'd love to make it out to a meet, but I'm still in Austin.
    TXMC: Drinkin, shootin, racin!