Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John need Dakei Hub with airbag light elimnator

Default John need Daikei Hub with airbag light elimnator

Hey guys I need to order or preferably buy locally a hub for my NA that will fit a standard Sparco wheel and was wondering where the preferred place to get one is. I've been told I want Daikei brand and the only place I've seen them, Rev9, they charge $80 extra if you don't want the airbag light to flash. Thanks.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-11-2009 at 02:47 AM.
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by JuanoTejano View Post
    Hey guys I need to order or preferably buy locally a hub for my NA that will fit a standard Sparco wheel and was wondering where the preferred place to get one is. I've been told I want Dakei brand and the only place I've seen them, Rev9, they charge $80 extra if you don't want the airbag light to flash. Thanks.
    I thought your car already had a non-airbag wheel...?

Anyhow... going on BR's advice, I got the Daikei hub and it was money well spent. It's absolutely plug 'n' play. However, if you search Miata.net I think you'll find some writeups in the Garage section that will tell you how to fix the flashing airbag light with resistors and soldering and other technical monkey business. I'm just not that smart...

I think R-Speed carries the Daikei hub for about $130... maybe? I got mine from some place that's out of business now.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

Nope it has an airbag alright, was there any miata sold in USA without one? Any other suggestions for less than $130 or should I go with the regular Daikei and just try to stop the airbag light via resistors and such. R Speed only have the Daikei for NB and NC.

William I think you are going to get on in about on hour and I am looking at Daikei on your recommendation so what do you suggest? I understand other hubs besides Daikei are difficult to install but if it will take an hour longer to install but you save $60 isn't that worth it since you won't be taking it off once it goes on? Any differences between Daikei and cheaper ones other than ease of install?

Edit: I found a solitary Airbag eliminator circuit for $30 from miata roadster which would allow me to just get the regular Daikei hub but I can't find anywhere that has it in stock, Rev9's site says it's a special order. So what about the works bell hub for $135 from miata roadster is there any reason I should avoid that one?
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-11-2009 at 03:24 AM.
    John O.
    94R

I haven't had much experience with other hubs so I can't comment. Supposedly Mr. BRG bought an eBay one that worked well and was stupid cheap. Dunno anything other than that. Wags told me.

If you were in a crunch, I could let you borrow my hub and I could but the stock wheel on. Just replace it for me later. My car will be at Rogues place anyway for the next ten days.

Let me know. two - won - fore - seven - O - 7 - Nine won - won too.
    ...and across the line.

1996 Mazda Miata - R-Package (Eve-L)
    2012 Mazda CX-9 - Grand Touring (Dory)

Thanks alot for the offer Will, PM sent.
    John O.
    94R

Just remove the light bulb. Takes about 15 minutes.

Talking

William I think you are going to get on in about on hour
    And about an hour later....
    Quote Originally Posted by black roadster View Post
    Blah Blah Blah
    Hmmmm. Stalker? Lovers?

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    Just remove the light bulb. Takes about 15 minutes.
    Yes, but that will also set off annoying beepers under the dash...
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    Hmmmm. Stalker? Lovers?
    Keller's hot tub action?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

Nope it has an airbag alright, was there any miata sold in USA without one? Any other suggestions for less than $130 or should I go with the regular Daikei and just try to stop the airbag light via resistors and such. R Speed only have the Daikei for NB and NC.

William I think you are going to get on in about on hour and I am looking at Daikei on your recommendation so what do you suggest? I understand other hubs besides Daikei are difficult to install but if it will take an hour longer to install but you save $60 isn't that worth it since you won't be taking it off once it goes on? Any differences between Daikei and cheaper ones other than ease of install?

Edit: I found a solitary Airbag eliminator circuit for $30 from miata roadster which would allow me to just get the regular Daikei hub but I can't find anywhere that has it in stock, Rev9's site says it's a special order. So what about the works bell hub for $135 from miata roadster is there any reason I should avoid that one?
    It's 2 wks for Rev9 to get the hub, and Miataroadster is out of the Works hub as well.
    Wealth, power, and experience are apparently not enough to save us from social influences. Groupthink, as described by I.L.Janis, is the tendency for group members to reach a consensus opinion, even if that decision is downright stupid (Janis 1982).

My car will be at Rogues place anyway for the next ten days.
    Not to throw this thread into a hard drift, but does that mean that you're getting the nose done?
    '94 Black & Black & Tan

Dyno Days

That's what I heard from Rogue, he was telling me about it and I'm pysched to see it done.
    John O.
    94R

Quote Originally Posted by Titus View Post
    And about an hour later....

Hmmmm. Stalker? Lovers?
    My reason for always being up this late is insomnia, I'd guess BR has a better excuse like working till that early or something crazy like that, but yea I noticed he is always on at 4:30am.
    John O.
    94R

My reason for always being up this late is insomnia, I'd guess BR has a better excuse like working till that early or something crazy like that, but yea I noticed he is always on at 4:30am.
    I leave for work about 4:30 am to be at work at 5:00 am.

Didn't know my daily ritual was so fascinating.
    ...and across the line.

Quote Originally Posted by trickyrix View Post
    Yes, but that will also set off annoying beepers under the dash...
    This is a tough one, unplug it.

Quote Originally Posted by ken o View Post
    This is a tough one, unplug it.
    Not that easy to get to. It's buried in the dash at the top of the firewall. Basically a dash pull is required.
    ...and across the line.

Well I ordered the Daikei without airbag eliminator from Rev9 today. I plan on either making my own airbag eliminator circuit or buying a standalone one like WorksBell for $30 rather than paying an extra $85 for it like Rev9 wants.
    John O.
    94R

Not that easy to get to. It's buried in the dash at the top of the firewall. Basically a dash pull is required.
    No need to pull the dash...if someone has small hands.
    92 Sunny 214k, 95 Dimples, 93 James Bondo, 92 SM (Speedie Jr )
    Shelley, Apex, Tigger, Max, Baby(cats), Fluffy, Spot, and Peanut (mini horses), Cinnamon & Bitsy(dawgs)
    MSR #1001, SCCA #208822 Let's go racin'

Well I ordered the Daikei without airbag eliminator from Rev9 today. I plan on either making my own airbag eliminator circuit or buying a standalone one like WorksBell for $30 rather than paying an extra $85 for it like Rev9 wants.
    I have the airbag eliminator from Rev9 already connected to the plug. I don't need it since I removed the airbag crap and the bulb. You can have it for $10.
    '92

Thanks alot farphle, you've got a deal. PM a good time to meet before Monday.
    John O.
    94R

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast