Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dyno Results

Default Dyno Results

'90 silver Dyno'd at 149hp and 136 lbs at 8psi 8 deg timing
    '97 Black Dyno'd at 204 hp and 186 lbs at 13psi ..don't know where the timing is on this one yet.

I'll post Pics of the Dyno Runs when I get them scanned at work on Monday/Tuesday.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

im not gonna lie, im jelous, but soon ill be feeling better....
    03 LS FM2ish TDR I/C
    99 Disco, the go anywhere ride

A guy that lives in Mansfield and has 2 Miatas? I better get the wife to trade in the mini van and get her a Miata.

Default Re: Dyno Results

Quote Originally Posted by TurboDuane
    '90 silver Dyno'd at 149hp and 136 lbs at 8psi 8 deg timing
    '97 Black Dyno'd at 204 hp and 186 lbs at 13psi...

Very nice!

So how are you liking the new toy so far? Sounds like it's a big step up from the old one!
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Sounds like it's time to do some racing down Beltline by the airport...

Daily Driver: 2013 Club edition in Pearl White Mica

Lightness? What's that? I drive a PRHT!

So how are you liking the new toy so far? Sounds like it's a big step up from the old one!
    I'm loving it. I can't believe how awesome the Link computer is, and how easy it is to make adjustments. Not to mention the throttle response is so immediate, soooo much quicker than the '90 model.

I know I have said, in the past, that my next Miata would be a stocker so I could race in the STOCK class. But I think I'll be able to give those Modified Vets a run for their money next AutoX season in the SM2 class Oh the darkside is so hard to resist.

I'm also anxious to get to the Drag strip to see what kind of times she will pull.

Sounds like it's time to do some racing down Beltline by the airport...
    That's illegal & too dangerous for me
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

I was being sarcastic... As that's what the ricers do with any newfound horsepower.

Quote Originally Posted by channelmaniac
    I was being sarcastic... As that's what the ricers do with any newfound horsepower.
    Whew, I thought we picked up a troll. :P Sorry didn't mean to

For the FMII (Who's new name is Porky for running pig rich)....

Boost - 12psi

DYNO run 1 185.0 HP 154.4 TQ
    DYNO run 2 185.4 HP 155.7 TQ
    DYNO run 3 185.5 HP 155.4 TQ

Above 4500 rpm the torque was always over 150lbs so I was very happy with that.

Above 4000K RPMs, the A/F ratio was below 11. Rumour has it, I should be able to get over 200HP with a more aggressive tune.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Screamin'Screw
    Rumour has it, I should be able to get over 200HP with a more aggressive tune.
    I'm hoping for 200hp, when I get mine in, but......each dyno is different, I hope we can both swing 200hp, with the 1.6
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

I don't know if they told you but ATS Racing has FM's old dyno so you should be able to get the same hp as FM says. Now that I have said that FM used little tricks to get more HP on the dyno that you can't use on the street.

On my 96 I was stuck at @210 hp with FM's IC. Once I ditched that I got 238hp and still pretty rich. I just bought a wideband so I hope to rectify that soon. Oh plus I will have a worked over 99 head going on soon so that should help make a few extra ponies to.
    "Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional." Haruki Murakami

I wasn't running rich, and I haven't yet figured out where the timing is on my '97. I guess I need to DataLog before I do anything else. I'm too scared to mess with the Mapping without some experianced help.

Amen brother,

The link is a loaded gun. In the right hands it can take down a water buffalo or you can shoot yourself right in the pisser.

I think we need to start getting together to jointly figure out how to best tune the link.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

I just received an updated, modified MAP file from Flyin Miata. I'll be plugging it in and seeing how it works. FM indicated that my MAPs were way off. The previous owner was just using the keypad to enter all the changes and I think he fat fingered a few entries.

You guys saw the results in super rich A/F ratios on the dyno. We'll see how it goes.
    93 FMII + LOTS MORE
    The Black Mamba

Quote Originally Posted by Flyin96M
    I don't know if they told you but ATS Racing has FM's old dyno so you should be able to get the same hp as FM says. Now that I have said that FM used little tricks to get more HP on the dyno that you can't use on the street.

On my 96 I was stuck at @210 hp with FM's IC. Once I ditched that I got 238hp and still pretty rich. I just bought a wideband so I hope to rectify that soon. Oh plus I will have a worked over 99 head going on soon so that should help make a few extra ponies to.
    The engine and turbo I'm getting dynoed at 201hp badly tuned according to Bill. This is on his new dyno though, this past August. So, it will be two different dynoes I'm working with. I just want to get it in there. Then the learning REALLY begins and I gots a lot to learn.
    Smile
    93' LE #1136 - FM II
    250k miles

Suspension Modder

Default 200 Horses!?!

Please tell me how you are getting 200 ponies out of a miata. I'm fresh back off the dyno with mine (about a week before I read about a Dyno day with you guys) With a small glass pack and no filter element,(for dyno purposes only) I was only able to squeeze 106 Hp at the rear wheels with 102 lbs of torque. This is a pretty stock 04 and I've been chatting with a guy in California about a 50 hp nitrous kit for the intake plenum only as I'm leary of nitrous. I haven't made up my mind yet though. I would prefer a turbo at some point but I gotta save my little pennies for that little mod. I have also learned to rap the little sucker out instead of "short shifting" I discovered it runs like a raped ape if you keep 5 to 6.5k on the tach. A little advice will go a long way, What do Ya'll think?...Dogg
    "Never pee off the angle deck"

Or an MP62 Supercharger

Suspension Modder

Default Turbo's or supercharger or small nitrous kit

Ok,
    So which is better? I done a little reading on this and for very spirited driving, I guess the turbo would get the nod. What is the advantage of the supercharger? ....Dogg
    "Never pee off the angle deck"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast