Thread: 2012 Miata blog post

Default 2012 Miata blog post

I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Driver

electric steering = TERRIBLE. You better hope that it doesn't have it.

My wife's old car had it and in the heat it died and the steering got notchy and jerky. My buddy traded in his Z4 that he loved because the numb electric steering slayed him whenever he got a loaner car without it.

It just depends. The RX-8 has EPS and I think the steering feel/feedback is very good. The S2000 on the other hand has pretty numb steering feedback but a very sharp turn in. I think Mazda would do a decent job, they don't often build many sports cars that have poor steering feedback. If the EPS is anything like the RX-8 or may even from the RX 8 it should be fine.

I would dig a 2,200 pound Miata with a folding hardtop and a 1.6L direct injection turbo motor. For instance, the powertrain in the R56 Mini (170 whp, 200 wtq at 2,500 rpm) dropped into a 2,200 pound Miata would be a rocket ship.
    Last edited by CosmosMpower; 03-26-2009 at 08:57 AM.
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Looks the same, LoL.

Manual steering FTW.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

Quote Originally Posted by Miatamaniac92 View Post
    Looks the same, LoL.

Manual steering FTW.

Chris
    It's not manual steering it's still assisted just electric instead of hydraulic. But yes manual steering FTW (unless you're in a parking lot and the steering wheel is about the size of a donut).
    VW Bug in running shoes
    M Porcupine sedan
    M Porcupine coupe
    Crusty old e46 beater
    Battery Powered appliance car

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    It's not manual steering it's still assisted just electric instead of hydraulic.
    I know.
    They could always do a Realman package. Manual Steering, sport suspension, LSD, and light everything.

Chris
    91 Miata (#3), Rattle Can Grey(previous owner), Greddy Turbo @7 PSI and Manifold (Only items remaining from the kit), TDR I/C, Godspeed Radiator, RM DP, 2.5 Enthuza Bipes, BEGI AFPR, ACT, Lightened Stock Flywheel, Yellow Konis, FCM on Stock Springs, HDM2S, MOMO Wheel, Ratsback Front CF Lip, Black Rota's on EcstaXS, Corrado Rotors & XP8's on Front w/ 1.8 rears.

http://austinmiata.com/

Wishlist: Megasquirt to run 12-13 PSI, White non-spray paint job, 8" 6UL's, RX7 LSD, Evans Waterless Coolant

I have little trust in the article when they imply that the NC isn't available with a softtop.

very interesting, hope they stick to it.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmosMpower View Post
    It just depends. The RX-8 has EPS and I think the steering feel/feedback is very good. The S2000 on the other hand has pretty numb steering feedback but a very sharp turn in. I think Mazda would do a decent job, they don't often build many sports cars that have poor steering feedback. If the EPS is anything like the RX-8 or may even from the RX 8 it should be fine.
    +1. The RX-8 has had EPS since it's introduction in '04, and it has some of the best steering feel and feedback in the business. Mazda knows a thing or two about control feedback.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Titus..the article refers to the original publication being from Australia. Possibly they didn't sell the NC with a softtop down there??
    I live where even the coyotes won't go...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tim the Teacher View Post
    Titus..the article refers to the original publication being from Australia. Possibly they didn't sell the NC with a softtop down there??
    Yea cause this blog is on the interweb and the interweb would never lie to us!

Driver

I'm not speeding officer, I'm qualifying!!!

92 Red (sold)
    2006 ZX6R 636 (sold)
    99 S10 ZQ8 (sold)
    95 Merlot M
    05 GSXR 600 (To buy my house)