Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Saturday Mar.28: Galaxy Drive-in Meet&Cruise

Default Saturday Mar.28: Galaxy Drive-in Meet&Cruise CANCELD

event canceled due to poor weather, see last post

Finally after nearly 2 months in the works with countless drives in the past few weeks its official, Saturday March 28th is the date (weather permitting).

I've done the route several times along with a few others members from DFW Mazdas and we all end up with a grin on our face and pleased with the drive. There have been minor alterations and additions to the meet including a break stop at Rockett Cafe&club that's located in the route and is 11 miles before our final destination at Galaxy. There we'll have a chance to have some great food -way better than galaxy-, socialize and have a drink or two before the movie.

Due to this, the whole event is going to be earlier in the afternoon and I'll try and make it as flexible as possible so we're not rushing in and out of places. I know this will make it a bit more difficult for some but hopefully its a good enough prior notice to get permission to escape the daily life and have some fun. If not, those who can't make the cruise can join up at the drive-in.

Here is the plan:

***NEW: DALLAS/PLANO PEOPLE***
    I'll be at Spring Valley & 75 In the Bonedaddy's (old Skoots) parking lot at 1:15 to meet anyone in the area to roll to arlington at 1:45. Be there!

- Meet at Sonic (A): 2:30 pm
    - Roll out for cruise: 3:15 pm (SHARP, don't be late)
    - Be at Rockett (B): 4:30 pm
    - Roll out to Galaxy: 6:40 pm
    - Arrive at Galaxy (C): 7pm (insures us good parking)
    - Movie(s) starts after 8pm

Here is the map, I strongly encourage people to have a print out encase they get stuck at a light or something, I wouldn't like anyone to get lost.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sour...,0.617981&z=11

Addresses

Sonic
    :
    2240 SE Green Oaks Blvd
    Arlington, TX 76018

Rockett Cafe & club
    5696 813, Waxahachie, TX, United States

Galaxy Drive-In:

(see map) Exit 255 Garrett off I-45

Other notes
    -Please Tank up before going (there is a shell down the street from sonic)
    -Movie is $6 for two shows per person
    -Cash and Credit cards accepted at galaxy for entrance and snack bar.
    -Have a way to contact other members or myself (talk to me at the meet or PM)
    -This isn't a cannonball, no pressure, drive at your own pace... we'll save a spot for you.
    - once again I strongly encourage people to have print out of the map.

**PLEASE POST**
    If you intend on coming please post and make it known so I arrange that Rockett can accommodate us and know who to expect at the meeting point.

Attending:

MME:
    1. Mr626
    2. Nails (NC)
    4. Rogue (NA)
    5. 93LE (w/Rogue)
    6. 95 (w/Rogue)
    7. trickyrix (NA)
    8. cam76034 (NA)
    9. 08 Marble GT (NC)
    10. Blake ( MS3)
    11. Chris (NB)

DFW Mazdas:

1.Mr626
    2.MK_Slayr (NA Miata)
    3.Foreverzero (MSProgete)
    4.MazdaspeedFrank3 (MS3)
    5.Stich626 (G35)
    6.Seahorse450 (MS6)
    7.Uncivilizedracer (RX-8 )

I think that's it. I'll update as people sign up and if anything changes.

Here is a Vid of a stretch from 813 on our way to Rockett Cafe.
    Video

movies are out!

Screen 1
    Race to Witch Mountain
    He's Just not that into you

Screen 2
    A Haunting in Connecticut
    Last House on the Left

Screen 3
    Monsters vs Aliens
    Paul Blart Mall Cop

Screen 4
    Madea Goes to Jail
    Knowing
    Last edited by Mr626; 03-27-2009 at 05:18 PM.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Vid link doesn't work. Count me and Carazzie in on this event.

Awwww. I'm not sure if I'll be back from Cali by then because I'm gonna be visiting my Dad in LA after Laguna. I don't think you should change the date just for one person, but I hope I will be back by then, or that it rains. Then you could have F U Juano for all your non-autoX F U Titus needs . Anyway looks like a good route, I wanna see that video when youtube finally loads it, and it's obvious you've put alot of time and thought into it so it should go off without a hitch.... unless it rains

Nails it should be because it was just uploaded, that's what I've found in the past.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-16-2009 at 11:18 PM.
    John O.
    94R

Would love to go, but I fly to the middle east that day
    2005 Lava Orange MSM #601/1428
    211 rwhp, 195 ft. lbs on 1/6/07

Goin after that bounty on Obamas head?

link's fixed. No worries Juano, last year we did 3 regular cruises to Galaxy and I can assure you this wont be the last like this.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Link is still not up for me "The URL contained a malformed video ID. ", if you just uploaded the video it probably won't work for a half hour atleast.

Good to know this won't be the last one, but you'll have to excuse for me for still hoping for rain so I can make this one.
    John O.
    94R

I can't get it to work, It's been up all day and embeded at DFWMazdas so I linked it to that thread. Once the URL works I'll switch it back to a direct link.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Looks like a hella fun route, I like how you let us know that you have a Cali spec car so that we all know you are down the 3.5hp or whatever right off the bat LOL. Also what's the speed limit there? Not judging, you can make your own decisions, but I just want to get an idea of how fast I'd be willing to go on those roads. I'm not a big fan of anything more than about 10 over on public roads, it's just not for me.

Video

There that one works for me, try copy and pasting that one.
    Last edited by JuanoTejano; 03-16-2009 at 11:41 PM.
    John O.
    94R

Done!
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

event its next Saturday, anyone else joining in?
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

For the Plano/Dallas (east side)people, depending on how many members are interested I might meet with those from that side of town at 75&Spring Valley and cruise with them to the meeting location in arlington so no one gets lost or feels lazy to drive all the way across town alone. Let me know if your from that side of town and are interested.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

I think Carazzie and I are doing this. Don't know for sure yet.

Look like Barbara and I are in and a couple non-MME Miata folks too.

so thats 2 93LE's and a white '95.

Is someone bringing a jam box?

This is what it looked like last time we went to the Galaxy.

We saw "American Graffiti"

wow that's pretty cool.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Me and my are a maybe.

I'm a definite maybe too... sounds like good times.
    '94 Black & Black & Tan
    '99 head swap, JR header, TDR intake & header blanket, MegaSquirt, RB hollow bar, Tein Flex, 15x8 6ULs, HD M2 Sport, FM cat, Borla cat-back, black '95M interior, MOMO Zebrano, IL Motorsport console...

Dyno Days
    8/16/08 (bone stock): 103.1 hp/99.0 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/23/08 (Borla cat-back): 108.2 hp/104.1 lb-ft - Dynojet
    8/13/11 (more stuff...): 126 hp/116 lb-ft - Mustang dyno

Roger Moore: the Danny White of James Bonds

list updated
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Suspension Modder

Im in....and so are a couple of friends.

I drive an NC, Blake drives a Black MS3 and Chris drives an NB.

awesomeness, thanks for spreading the word.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast