Thread: Summer show at Hiley Mazda, Arlington TX

Default Summer show at Hiley Mazda, Arlington TX

Spreadin' the word from the Rx-7 club forum:

Ok guys,

I have personally gotten a thumbs up from the Sales and General Manager to hold a summer car show at the dealership(Hiley Mazda). I know there has not been something like this for a long time. With the downturn in the economy I'm sure they are eager to get a lot attention their way. A large rotary turnout would be ideal but, this will CERTAINLY INCLUDE all mazda enthusiasts. NEW AND OLD!!

Catch is, before any further talks can be made I need a large enough devoted interest to make this happen. No money needed, basically if they can get a lot of people to come and show their cars they will do their part. Even with talks of getting sponsors to help with the event and get some advertisement going. I can't remember the last event we've directly had Mazda support us.

As of right now Im shooting for July-August time. Once I get a large enough list of names and cars I will present and get all the details.

I will work on spreading this to the other mazda forums.

So anyone wanting to be a part of this let me know.
    Linkie:
    http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=828846
    85 Rx-7 GSL-destroyed by a Durango
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

Talking

Hiley unlikely I would attend.

What exactly is their part?

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    harharhar :)

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post

Dunno, he's currently trying to generate interest before moving on with the planning. The thread I linked has all the info that I know of and when more info is released I'll update the thread with it. I assume they're gonna have door prizes or something of that nature, perhaps a trophy or two as well.

If anyone here thinks they'd like to attend, post up here and I'll add ya'll to the 7 club list.
    04 MSM-mostly stock
    85 Rx-7 GSL(SE'd)-High compression half-bridged 13B, 650 holley. Now with MORE BRIDGEPORT.
    1979 Spark Yellow SA Rx7 - Restoring to it's former glory 1/36th of a paycheck at a time.

wow... is Hiley really that bad? This was posted on DFWmazdas and some people gave the same Hiley response.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Quote Originally Posted by POS Racing View Post
    It's deja vu I swear...
    http://forums.dfwmiata.com/showpost....4&postcount=21

Quote Originally Posted by Mr626 View Post
    wow... is Hiley really that bad?
    Yep, they really are that bad.
    Iain

"We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing." - George Bernard Shaw

Wow, didn't know they were that bad. Guess it's good I'm not goin' for any services, lol.
    04 MSM-mostly stock

Quote Originally Posted by Nails View Post

Quote Originally Posted by duffman692002 View Post
    Dunno, he's currently trying to generate interest before moving on with the planning. The thread I linked has all the info that I know of and when more info is released I'll update the thread with it. I assume they're gonna have door prizes or something of that nature, perhaps a trophy or two as well.
    Being non-commital always generates an excited response from my customers. Just one little way to show how much I appreciate them!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr626 View Post
    wow... is Hiley really that bad? This was posted on DFWmazdas and some people gave the same Hiley response.
    My 2 out of 3 dealings with Hiley Mazda (Arlington)

New Car Sales: I've tried to give them my business with every VW and Mazda I've ever bought new (currently 2 cars) and both times they tried to gouge me and would not negotiate . I always give the closet dealer the first and last chance to win my business.

Used Car buy back: They however were the only dealer in the MetroPlex that would even consider purchasing my '01 Beetle back that was only 10 months old. For come reason I quit driving it shortly after I bought my 1st Miata ('90 Silverstone). They took the car and $500 and free'd me of the note . Of course they could afford too as they have the highest prices in the Metroplex.

Service: Unfortunately they fail here. They are over priced and not really interested in your problems or issues. Very little service. I get better service from Mazda South. Hiley won't even take an order over the phone without you stopping by their shop and signing a cc receipt. And if that's not bad enough, try and ask them to ship your part directly to your house. Nope, that's against policy. So you have to take off of work twice, once to order the part, and once to pick the part up. On the other hand, call Mazda South in Austin, and give them a CC over the phone and in a couple of days your new part shows up at your house.
    '08 Copper Red GT PRHT, '06 Accord EXL, '05 Dodge Magnum R/T, '01 V8 Dakota for pulling 2135 Chaparral.

That's odd, a year or two ago I had part ordered and paid by phone, picked it up at the dealer the next week. well, it was a $6 dollar part. My mother use to work there like 10 years ago, and bought her cabrio while there. I hung out at the dealer all the time, sitting in 10AE in the showroom, never expected to own a miata. Good times, but I was 11 so yea... I don't think my experience counts.

I really don't mind, I like attending and participating at shows. I rather it be free than to pay for no apparent cause (unless good), if they have food of any kinda I'd be happy.
    '99 Brilliant Black MX-5
    Tien S-Techs, Torsen, Mazdaspeed Short Throw Shifter, Deleted cat, 01 exhaust manifold (cat delete), custom short ram, JR Plug Wires, Autopower Rollbar, 01+ bumper and smoked headlights with 6000K HID, tinted tails and corners, Enkei RSF-2 16x7 for daily and stock 14" for the track.

Tire Warmer

i think most dealerships are like that with the phone thing now. at least the vandergriff dealerships across the street from hiley are. only took two weeks to get a valve cover bolt once i realized they hadn't ordered it.

and i seem to have inexplicably found a good deal at hiley in hurst today. dropped it off at noon and got it back at 4 but it's only been 7 hours so we'll see how well it continues to run. though they seem to think my rear main seal leak is coming from the oil pan.

and i'm with some of the 7club guys, it's not show worthy unless "their part" includes free paint and some lip repair. but it'd be fun to go see some miatas and RX-7s and 8s.

MME Goodwill Ambassador onething's Avatar

More than once, I drove from Athens to Arlington to have work done on my Miata because the dealer in Tyler was soooo bad. Never had a problem, always dealt with Chantel in service, and was always happy when I left. Since they are so close to my house now, running by to pick up stuff is no problem.

Over-priced? Sure. They are a stealership.

My YMMV
    Bidden or not bidden, God is present
    "Up until the moment of impact, I was still having fun." Bob J. Hall San Francisco Region